This cool and refreshing Avocado Corn Salad recipe is filled with lightly grilled corn, sliced avocado and juicy tomatoes in a light vinaigrette that’s sure to please.
Serve this delicious summer side dish with my grilled chicken or grilled salmon for an epic meal.
I’m in love with this cool, crisp and refreshing salad! The creamy avocado pairs perfectly with the juicy tomatoes and crisp pop of fresh summer corn.
I’ve even added in some freshly chopped jalapeño to give this salad a nice punch of flavor.
Avocado Corn Salad
With just a handful of ingredients and a few minutes of prep, this amazing salad comes together in a breeze.
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order to make this recipe. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients in the printable recipe card below.
- Fresh Corn on the Cob – you could also use frozen if not in season
- Ripe Avocado
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Onion – cut into thin slices
- Jalapeno – optional, but highly recommended
- Lime Juice
How To Make Corn and Avocado Salad
This recipe is best using fresh summer ingredients, so take advantage of the fresh flavors while they’re still around!
GRILL CORN Add the fresh corn cobs to a grill and char them for just a few minutes, until they get a little dark around the outside. Then carefully remove the kernels with a sharp knife.
COMBINE INGREDIENTS Add the corn kernels, sliced avocado, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno and cilantro to a large bowl. Pour in the dressing ingredients and toss to combine.
KEEP CHILLED Keep the salad covered and chilled until ready to enjoy!
How simple is that?!
What To Serve With Avocado Corn Salad
Like I mentioned earlier, this salad is best when made with fresh summer ingredients, which means it’s great when served as a summer side dish. Here are a few of my favorite main dishes that will pair well with this salad…
Can I Use Frozen Corn?
Yes! You can use frozen corn in place of the fresh corn. Just run the frozen corn under cool water to defrost and then add it to the salad.
In a pinch you can use canned corn in place of fresh corn, but the corn will be more soft and not pop in your mouth like the fresh stuff.
If using canned corn, try to use the Fire Roasted Corn and make sure to drain it well.
More Summer Salads
If you’re looking for more refreshing summer side salads, you’ll love these ones too!
I can’t wait for you to give this recipe a try! Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Avocado Corn Salad
- 3 medium ears of corn, cooked and cut away from cob* see notes
- 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 lb. cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup red onion, sliced
- ½ medium jalapeno, seeded and diced**
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Cook the corn over a grill until lightly charred in some spots. Use a sharp knife to carefully cut away the corn and discard the cobs. (see notes for alternative).
- Place cut corn, sliced avocado, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno and cilantro in a large bowl. Add olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Season with extra salt and pepper if desired. Keep chilled until ready to serve. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE:
Leave a Reply