This cool and creamy Corn Pasta Salad is the perfect side dish for your next backyard cookout!
We love to pair this delicious pasta salad with my Grilled Pork Chops or Skirt Steak. It’s a match made in heaven.
I took my Creamy Corn Salad recipe and plumped it up by adding in tender bowtie pasta and tomatoes, then finished it off with some crumbly feta cheese.
Creamy Corn Pasta Salad
Enjoy this pasta salad all year long by using frozen corn, or if corn is in peak season, cut it off from the cob! Either way it’s absolutely delish!
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order to make this Creamy Corn Pasta Salad. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients located in the printable recipe card below.
- Bowtie Pasta – or any other short pasta would work
- Corn – fresh or frozen are preferred
- Cherry Tomatoes – or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Purple Onion
- Sour Cream – or plain greek yogurt
- Feta Cheese – crumbled
How To Make Creamy Corn Pasta Salad
Similar to most pasta salad recipes, this creamy corn pasta salad comes together quickly.
BOIL PASTA Start by boiling the pasta in salted water until they’re tender. Drain and run under cool water until they’re no longer hot.
COMBINE CORN AND PASTA Next, add the corn, pasta and other salad ingredients in a large bowl.
MIX SALAD DRESSING Combine the salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Pour the dressing over the pasta salad ingredients, then toss to combine.
ADD FETA CHEESE Once the salad is combined, toss in a little bit of crumbled feta cheese and serve.
The salty feta cheese adds a nice bright punch of flavor to this creamy pasta salad.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
Pasta salads are great because they can easily be customized to fit your taste, or suit your needs. Plus everyone loves an opportunity to enjoy a creamy pasta salad!
Here are a few of my top tips for making a delicious creamy pasta salad as well as some substitution options.
- Using fresh or frozen corn (that is defrosted) will give you the best texture. Canned corn is just too soggy and won’t have that crisp pop in each bite.
- Keep this pasta salad chilled until ready to serve. Toss the salad dressing again before serving to make sure it’s evenly coated.
- Swap in your favorite short pasta in place of bowtie – shells, ditalini, orzo, penne, etc.
- Try adding crispy bacon to the salad at the end. I would recommend leaving out the feta if you decide to do this so the salad isn’t too salty.
Make Ahead Pasta Salad
Can you prepare this Creamy Corn Pasta Salad ahead of time? YES!
Simply prepare the pasta along with the corn, onion and tomatoes and store in a large tupperware in the fridge for up to 3 days. Prepare the dressing separately and store in the fridge.
Combine the dressing no later than 24 hours prior to serving.
Keeping the pasta and dressing separate will allow them to stay fresher longer.
More Pasta Salad Recipes
Pasta salad can make an excellent side dish but is also filling enough for a light lunch on it’s own. Here are a few more tasty recipes I think you’ll really enjoy.
Bring this Creamy Corn Pasta Salad to your next backyard cookout and everyone will be raving about it!
Creamy Corn Pasta Salad
- 3 cups bowtie pasta, uncooked
- 4 cups frozen corn, thawed under cool running water
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup purple onion, diced
For The Dressing
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup parsley, curly leaf, chopped
- ⅓ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook bow tie pasta according to package instructions, drain and then run under cool water. Meanwhile defrost frozen corn under cool running water, remove any excess water.
- Add pasta and corn to a large bowl. Add in tomatoes, onion and parsley.
- In a separate bowl combine the sour cream, mayo, salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper. Whisk to combine. Pour over pasta and corn and toss to combine. Just before serving toss in feta cheese. Keep refrigerated until ready to enjoy.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE:
This was super good! 🙂
OMG! You had me at corn! This is a great pot luck/bbq party take-a-long! Thanks a billion, Shawn! Like I have always said, you are a genius!
I love pasta in any form..This recipes is so.easy to make and is so.delicious. I am a Single Senior and I frequently have this salad (reduced amount) for my dinner. It is a wonderful cool and filling dinner. Thank you for all the wonderful recipes you share.