This Lemon Basil Grilled Salmon is filled with all the fresh flavors of summer for a super quick recipe that’s ready in no time!
I’ve teamed up with Land O’Lakes once again to bring you the freshest, easiest and tastiest summer recipe!
Hold on to your hats folks, cause this Lemon Basil Grilled Salmon is going to blow you away!
Have you fired up your grill this season yet? If not, please let this easy grilled salmon be your first!
I went to the grocery store and picked up a nice filet of salmon with the skin on and cut it into beautiful 4oz serving sizes. Since we are grilling this delicate fish, I went ahead and left the skin on. Salmon will get really flakey when it’s cooked and the skin helps it all stay together when you remove it from the grill.
Tips for Grilling Salmon:
- Leave the skin on! The skin helps to keep the tender fish together when it’s grilled.
- Brush your salmon and grill grates generously with vegetable oil to prevent any of the fish sticking to the grill. Some fish will inevitably stick, but the better it’s oiled up, the better your chances are of it not having an epic fail.
- SKIN SIDE UP FIRST! When you first put your salmon on the grill make sure you place it skin side UP. Give the fleshy salmon a good sear over a higher heat, then flip after a couple minutes and finish cooking with the skin side down.
- You’ll know your salmon is done cooking when it easily flakes.
Once the salmon is finished grilling you’ll quickly slather each piece in a generous portion of the lemon basil topping.
I used the Land O Lakes Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt to mix up my butter topping. Since it is already spreadable and still so creamy, you’ll be able to make it in a flash!
To really make this a complete summer meal, I also threw some corn on the grill and made a deliciously easy grilled corn and tomato salad to go on top. I added a little more fresh basil to the salad and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Seriously folks – all the flavors of summer in a pure and simple dish!
Not only is it a super pretty presentation, but it tastes spectacular.
My kids and I devoured every last bite!
Put this Lemon Basil Grilled Salmon on your menu. You won’t regret it.
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Lemon Basil Grilled Salmon
- 3 tbsp Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped and divided
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 4 4oz Salmon filets, skin on
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat and brush grates clean with wire brush and brush grates with oil to prevent sticking.
- In a small bowl combine the Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt with 1 tbsp fresh basil, lemon zest, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until combined and set aside.
- Brush the salmon filets with the vegetable and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place salmon, SKIN SIDE UP, on the hot grill for about 2 minutes, until salmon easily moves away from grill grates. Flip salmon and reduce heat to a medium-low and continue cooking about 3 to 5 minutes, until salmon is cooked and easily flakes.
- Top each hot piece of salmon filet with the lemon basil topping so it melts into the salmon.
- Meanwhile grill the corn alongside the salmon until the kernels are slightly charred. Carefully cut off the corn kernels and add to a medium bowl. Add in the tomatoes, remaining 1 tbsp of fresh basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the corn salad over the top of the hot salmon and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Land O’Lakes. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE:
So good! My new favorite salmon recipe!
Made the Lemon Basil Grilled Salmon tonight! Was really good and flavorful! Not to much lemon or basil! Used the butter rub on the veggies as well! Will do again!
I’m so glad you enjoyed the salmon Dawn!
Made this on Sunday and it was wonderful! Had some leftovers and they were just as good the next day! We were very impressed with the new Land o’ Lakes spread… we hadn’t heard of that one but we’re always up for Olive Oil and Sea Salt so gave it a try. It will become a staple.
Fantastic! So glad you enjoyed the recipe John, and I’m glad to know you’re loving the butter! 🙂
One note on the corn. I don’t shuck mine before grilling. I just soak in water undisturbed for an hour before grilling and then place on the grill over direct heat and rotate a quarter-turn every 5 mins. One full rotation and it’s ready to shuck and serve. This steams the corn in the husk which gives it that stronger tamale-like flavor that I love!
Great tips! Thanks for sharing John!
There is another good reason for skin-on. Removing the skin usually removes the grey layer right next to the skin and that is where most of the healthy Omega-3’s are stored in the salmon! If you buy skinless, you are losing the majority of the health benefit of eating salmon!
wow, this dish looks delicious, i will try it for my family to eat, thank you for sharing the way.
I grilled my salmon on the bbq. I couldn’t find Land o’ Lakes butter so I used regular butter, adding chives and basil from my garden. It was delicious! I’ll definitely make this again.
So glad you enjoyed the recipe Cathy!
The food you make is very delicious, the way you look is attractive
Looks delish! Going to try this one this weekend!