These Veggie Fajita Burritos are the perfect quick and easy dinner recipe for your Meatless Mondays!
Use my Cilantro Lime Rice recipe to really amp up the flavor of these simple burritos!
I love whipping up these super simple veggie-packed burritos because they’re simple, tasty and QUICK!
Easy Veggie Fajita Burritos
You can easily grab prepared salsa and guacamole from the store, or try my homemade Restaurant Style Salsa and Guacamole for an extra special treat.
Ingredients For Fajita Burritos
Here’s a basic list of the ingredients you’ll need to make these simple fajita burritos. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients in the recipe card below…
- Cilantro Lime Rice (see notes for a quick substitute)
- Bell Peppers – red and green
- White Onion
- Black Beans
- Canned Green Chiles
- Garlic Powder
- Shredded Cheese
- Flour Tortillas
- Sour Cream
How to Make QUICK Fajita Burritos
The key is to sear your peppers and onions in a HOT cast iron skillet to give them that classic fajita char taste!
Warm up your black beans and rice, then set out all of the ingredients and allow your guests to assemble their veggie fajita burritos to their heart’s content.
More Fajita Recipes To Try
If you love fajitas as much as I do, you’ll love these simple recipes too!
You’re going to LOVE these super simple, quick and easy Veggie Fajita Burritos!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Veggie Fajita Burritos
- 2 cups Cilantro Lime Rice, see notes for quick substitute
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp canned green chiles
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 cup Guacamole
- Extra lime wedges if desired
- Prepare the Cilantro Lime Rice according to instructions in linked blog post OR see notes for quick substitute.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the sliced bell peppers and onions. Cook until the peppers have slightly charred and begin to soften slightly. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp of salt, set aside.
- Combine the black beans, green chiles, cumin, 1/4 tsp salt and garlic powder in a microwave safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and heat for 1:30 - 2 minutes, then carefully remove plastic wrap and stir.
- Assemble burritos by warming the tortillas and then topping each with some of the rice mixture, pepper mixture, bean mixture and top with cheese, sour cream, salsa and guacamole. Roll up and enjoy with an extra slice of lime if desired. Enjoy!
What is the amount of cooked rice you need for this recipe? I’m not using the ready rice pouches so I want my ratio of cilantro and lime juice to rice to still be tasty. Thanks!
Hi Emily, I’d say you’re looking at about 3 cups of cooked rice for this recipe. 🙂
These seriously look so good!
Thanks Emily! 🙂
Kristi @ Inspiration Kitchen
These are filled with all kinds of goodies! I love a good burrito. 🙂
This is my kind of recipe! Love it!
These sound great! Nice job!