These Veggie Fajita Burritos are the perfect quick and easy dinner recipe for your Meatless Mondays!
Last month I went to Utah to visit some family and do some serious house hunting. Our schedule was slammed with things to do and people to see.
But whenever I go to visit my in-laws I’m always tempted to get in the kitchen and make them some food.
It’s what I do, after all.
So with limited time, but still wanting to make something delicious for my sister-in-law, niece and nephew, I reached for some “PeakFection” salsa and guacamole from Kroger Grocery stores for inspiration.
This tasty salsa and guacamole are a phenomenal staple in your fridge, because these bad boys can stay fresh in your fridge for weeks! I couldn’t get over how fresh and delicious that salsa was!
I grabbed a few peppers and onions and a package of ready rice, and I knew exactly what to make. With just a little cheese, some cilantro, sour cream and a generous helping of the PeakFection guacamole all wrapped up in a warm flour tortilla, these Veggie Fajita Burritos were ready in less than 15 minutes!
I let everyone add their own salsa, and then served the burritos with more salsa on the side.
It was such an easy and delicious lunch, that everyone gobbled it all up with smiles on their faces!
We stashed the rest of the salsa and guacamole back in the fridge and took off to go look at more houses and see more people. Later that night when more family came over to my sister-in-law’s house we pulled out the salsa and guacamole and served it with some chips for a little late-night snack.
If you haven’t checked out these fantastic products … do it! You can find them in the refrigerated section of your local Kroger grocery store. And then stock up!
Oh, and make lots of these burritos too!Print
Veggie Fajita Burritos
When in the mood for a meatless meal try these tasty Veggie Fajita Burritos!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2 pouches of Jasmine Ready Rice (such as Uncle Ben’s) (prepared according to package instructions)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp canned green chiles
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- PeakFection Traditional Guacamole
- PeakFection Salsa
- 6 large flour tortillas
- Extra lime wedges if desired
- Combine the prepared white rice, cilantro, and lime juice in a medium bowl, and stir to combine. Keep warm and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the sliced bell peppers and onions. Cook until the peppers have slightly charred and begin to soften slightly. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp of salt, set aside.
- Combine the black beans, green chiles, cumin, 1/4 tsp salt and garlic powder in a microwave safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and heat for 1:30 – 2 minutes, then carefully remove plastic wrap and stir.
- Assemble burritos by warming the tortillas and then topping each with some of the rice mixture, pepper mixture, bean mixture and top with cheese, sour cream, salsa and guacamole. Roll up and enjoy with an extra slice of lime if desired. Enjoy!
Keywords: vegetable, fajita, burritos
Disclaimer: I was compensated by Kroger, who sent me some of their PeakFection salsa and guacamole to try out. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support I Wash You Dry.