Today is a super special day. My oldest girl is turning 10 years old!!
She is completely obsessed with Trix Cereal, so we’re throwing her a birthday party centered around her favorite cereal. But first things first, she requested these amazing Trix Pancakes for her birthday breakfast!
I actually created these pancakes way back in June for General Mills to celebrate the new fruiter flavors of Trix cereal. So when my daughter requested them again for her breakfast this morning, I was more than happy to be able to make them again.
These pancakes are filled with Trix flavor… TWO WAYS!
The base to these pancakes are a buttermilk pancake recipe. So in order to infuse a little bit of that fruity flavor into the batter I soaked 1 cup of Trix cereal in the buttermilk before adding it to the dry ingredients.
Then, once the batter was mixed I folded in another cup of crushed Trix to give it some bright colors and an extra pop of flavor!
The results were amazing. A fruity flavored pancake that’s soft, fluffy, colorful and super delicious.
My husband took one bite and said, “Wow! You can really taste the Trix in these!”
You don’t need to wait for a birthday to make these, as they’re perfect for any day of the week. Give them a try this weekend to brighten up your day!
And I suppose if you threw a couple sprinkles on top, that wouldn’t hurt either… sprinkles make everything better!
- 3 cups buttermilk, not low fat if possible
- 1 cup Cereal, Trix
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs, large ,lightly beaten
- 4 tbsp salted butter, plus extra for griddle
- 1 cup Cereal, Trix ,finely crushed
- In a large bowl combine the 3 cups buttermilk with 1 cup of Trix Cereal. Let it sit for 20 minutes, then use a slotted spoon to remove and discard the Trix Cereal, set buttermilk aside.
- Preheat oven to 150° F. Preheat griddle to 350° F.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- To the bowl of buttermilk add the eggs, and 4 tbsp of melted butter, and then whisk to combine. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, add the finely crushed Trix Cereal and stir just enough to combine the pancake batter. Don’t over mix or the pancakes will get tough. Batter should be slightly thick.
- Lightly butter the griddle and pour ½ cup of batter on at a time. Let pancakes cook for 2 minutes, or until bubbles start to appear in the center. Gently flip over and cook for an additional 1 minute or until golden brown on bottom.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve. Top with additional butter, whip cream and syrup if desired. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: I was compensated by General Mills to create recipes using the new fruiter Trix Cereal. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make I Wash You Dry possible!
As of right now, 75% of all General Mills cereals (including Trix) are now without artificial flavors and colors from artificial sources! The flavors are still just as bold and fruity as before and to celebrate, I’ve remade my pancakes (same recipe) but with updated photos!
These pancakes are just as fluffy and fruity as ever!
You’ll love these fruity pancakes!