These fun Trix Pancakes are infused with the fruity flavored cereal in two unique ways!
The pancakes are light and fluffy with a fruity taste throughout. Serve as a breakfast or treat, I’ll let you decide…
I actually created these pancakes way back in June for General Mills to celebrate the new fruiter flavors of Trix cereal.
These pancakes are filled with that fruity Trix flavor in TWO WAYS!
The base to these pancakes are a buttermilk pancake recipe. So in order to infuse a little bit of that fruity flavor into the batter I soaked 1 cup of Trix cereal in the buttermilk before adding it to the dry ingredients.
Then, once the batter was mixed I folded in another cup of crushed Trix to give it some bright colors and an extra pop of flavor!
PRO TIP: You could also use my Classic Pancake Recipe if you are out of buttermilk!
The results were amazing. A fruity flavored pancake that’s soft, fluffy, colorful and super delicious.
My husband took one bite and said, “Wow! You can really taste the Trix in these!”
Make Ahead Pancakes
These fruity pancakes are easy to whip up ahead of time and freeze beautifully.
- Make sure you let the pancakes cool completely before placing in an airtight container or zip-close bag.
- Freeze for up to 6 months or refrigerate up to 7 days.
- To reheat – place frozen pancakes in fridge to defrost. Warm up in microwave or toaster oven until heated through.
More Pancake Recipes To Try
Craving more fun and tasty pancake recipes? I have got you covered with these delicious breakfast recipes…
- Rainbow Pancakes – wait till you see these colors!!
- Chocolate Pancakes a la Mode – a tasty little treat
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes – seriously delicious with that glaze on top!
- In a large bowl combine the 3 cups buttermilk with 1 cup of Trix Cereal. Let it sit for 20 minutes, then use a slotted spoon to remove and discard the Trix Cereal, set buttermilk aside.
- Preheat oven to 150° F. Preheat griddle to 350° F.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- To the bowl of buttermilk add the eggs, and 4 tbsp of melted butter, and then whisk to combine. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, add the finely crushed Trix Cereal and stir just enough to combine the pancake batter. Don’t over mix or the pancakes will get tough. Batter should be slightly thick.
- Lightly butter the griddle and pour ½ cup of batter on at a time. Let pancakes cook for 2 minutes, or until bubbles start to appear in the center. Gently flip over and cook for an additional 1 minute or until golden brown on bottom.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve. Top with additional butter, whip cream and syrup if desired. Enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW