This is the BEST Classic Pancake Recipe because it is buttery, fluffy and super easy to make. No buttermilk, no whipping egg whites, just a super quick and delicious pancake that’s loaded with flavor!
Classic Pancake Recipe Ingredients:
- All Purpose Flour – I haven’t tested this recipe using any other types of flours, but I’m thinking you could easily use half all purpose and half whole wheat to give these pancakes a little more chew to them.
- Baking Powder – helps give the pancakes that fluffy rise!
- Sugar – just a touch for a little added sweetness
- Warm Milk – make sure you warm it!
- Egg at room temperature
- Melted Butter
- Vanilla Extract
With these simple ingredients you’ll be able to whip up some super tasty pancakes that are fresh, flavorful and fluffy!
How To Make Fluffy Homemade Pancakes:
- Start by sifting together the dry ingredients into a large bowl. I like to use my fine mesh strainer to get the dry ingredients sifted.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients in a smaller bowl and pour that into the dry ingredients.
- Whisk until the batter is just combined, there may be some small clumps, but this is ok. You don’t want to over mix the batter.
- Heat a griddle up and coat with non stick spray or butter. Cook pancakes until golden brown on each side.
Good Old Fashioned Pancakes
This pancake recipe is very similar to my Classic Waffle Recipe. The warm milk and melted butter mingle together and make the pancakes extra buttery and delicious. I use baking powder instead of buttermilk and baking soda because I rarely keep buttermilk on hand (I’m guessing you don’t either?). This way I can easily make my family pancakes with the ingredients I do keep in my kitchen.
What Can I Substitute Baking Powder With?
I typically always have baking powder on hand, but what if you happen to run out and you want to make this pancake recipe? Can you leave baking powder out completely?
If you don’t add any baking powder the pancakes will not get much rise out of them. You’ll end up with flat pancakes (similar to my Dad’s 3 ingredient pancakes), but with a few more ingredients.
To substitute the baking powder you can mix 1/2 tsp cream of tartar with 1/4 tsp baking soda for every 1 tsp of baking powder required. Since this recipe calls for 3 tsp baking powder, you’ll need 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar plus 3/4 tsp baking soda. Just sift these ingredients in with the other dry ingredients.
Top your pancakes with butter and syrup, maybe some fresh cut fruit too… just watch how fast they disappear!
I’m sure you’ll be obsessed with the texture of these pancakes as much as I am.
More Classic Breakfast Recipes:
Your breakfast plans just got better with this super easy Classic Pancake Recipe!
Helpful Products To Make This Recipe:
Best Classic Pancake Recipe
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 ¼ cup milk, warm
- 1 egg, lightly beaten - room temperature
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sift together dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients in separate bowl and whisk just until combined. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir just until combined.
- Use 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop batter onto an oiled griddle over medium high heat. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on each side.
- Keep warm until ready to enjoy.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: