This Classic French Toast Recipe is made with simple ingredients and ready in just a few minutes for a delicious breakfast everyone will love.
With school being back in session I wanted to send my kids off with a full belly so they were ready to learn and weren’t focused on being hungry. This french toast recipe is one of their favorites because it starts with our favorite Sara Lee® Butter Bread.
This bread has a rich, buttery taste, velvety texture and wonderful aroma that brings delicious flavor to everything you make, especially homemade french toast. I also love that it’s made with no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial colors or flavors, 0G trans fat and is low fat and cholesterol free.
How to Make Classic French Toast Recipe:
- Start by mixing up some eggs with whole milk. You can use 2%, but the more fat you have in the milk, the richer the french toast will be.
- Make sure there are no spots of egg white or egg yolk left in the mixture, it should be a solid pale yellow color.
- Add a tiny bit of sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon to give the french toast a sweet flavor.
When it comes to dipping your bread into the egg mixture, make sure you do it very quickly. The more egg mixture the bread soaks up, the longer you’ll have to cook the french toast or it could end up being soggy. Plus you’ll use up more egg mix and end up with not as many pieces of french toast.
Tips for Best French Toast:
- Beat the egg and milk mixture until thoroughly blended and solid pale yellow color.
- Use Sara Lee Butter Bread for an extra buttery flavor and velvety texture.
- Mix in half of the cinnamon with the egg mixture at first, then add the second half of the cinnamon with the last half of the bread so every piece gets cinnamon.
- Keep french toast warm in a 200 degree F. oven when done cooking.
We love serving our french toast with a dusting of powdered sugar, fresh berries and plenty of syrup.
When I’m feeling extra nice I’ll whip up a batch of my Buttermilk Syrup for the kids.
Try this super easy Overnight French Toast Casserole that can easily feed a crowd!
Make sure you pick up a loaf of the Sara Lee Butter Bread to make this french toast.
It really makes a difference in the flavor and texture of the recipe. You’ll be shocked at how good it is!Print
Classic French Toast Recipe
This Classic French Toast Recipe is made with buttery bread in a deliciously sweetened egg mixture for the ultimate breakfast treat!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk (or 2%)
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 10 pieces Sara Lee Butter Bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and sugar in a shallow dish until the mixture has no spots of egg yolk or egg white. You want the mixture to be a solid pale yellow color. Whisk in the vanilla, HALF of the ground cinnamon and salt.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat and melt 1 tbsp of butter on griddle. Very quickly dip a piece of bread into the egg mixture to coat each side and place on the hot griddle. Let cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown, then flip and cook until golden brown. Repeat with the rest of the bread, making sure to add the rest of the cinnamon to the egg mixture once halfway through cooking the french toast.
- If desired, keep the french toast warm in a preheated 200 degree oven until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Keywords: french, toast
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sara Lee® Bread. The opinions and text are all mine.