This Classic Pecan Pie Recipe is EASY to make! Simply mix everything together in a bowl, pour into your prepared pie crust and bake!
With the holiday season upon us I figured it was the best time to share my tried and true Pecan Pie recipe with you. I have been using this recipe for years, and make it at least 10 times during the holidays. It’s one of those recipes where you just memorize the ingredients list and whip it up.
My favorite thing about this recipe is that there is no pre-cooking needed.
How to Make Pecan Pie:
You’ll want to start out with a good pie crust recipe, then mix all the filling ingredients (minus the pecans) together with a whisk until smooth. Fold in the pecans and add them right to the uncooked pie crust.
Pop it into the oven and bake!
I love topping my pecan pie with a scoop of ice cream or you can use a whipped topping too.
Pecan Pie Recipe Variations:
- Try adding a little caramel to the mix with this simple recipe: Caramel Pecan Pie
- Before adding the filling to the pie crust, line the bottom with chocolate chips for a chocolate pecan pie!
- Instead of mixing the pecans into the filling, line half of the pecans on the bottom of the pie crust, then carefully arrange the rest on the top in a pattern for a pretty presentation
- Try toasting your pecans before adding to the filling for an even deeper and nuttier flavor.
Tips for Baking Pecan Pie:
- If your pie crust is beginning to brown too quickly, lightly cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil.
- Want your Pecan Pie to be sliceable and not fall apart? Make sure you’re cooking it till the center is only slightly jiggly, and let it cool to room temperature before slicing.
I made this Pecan Pie the other Sunday when I had family over for dinner and my sister in law said to me, “Why do we always wait till the holidays to enjoy Pecan Pie?!”
She’s right!! We shouldn’t reserve this deliciousness for just the last few months of the year.
I vote for Pecan Pie on all the days of the year!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Classic Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla in a large bowl with a whisk until smooth. Use a wooden spoon to stir in the pecans and pinch of salt.
- Pour the filling into a prepared (uncooked) pie crust and bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes. Center of pie should spring back when tapped. If pie crust is browning too quickly cover edges of pie with foil.
- Let pie cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving. Enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE!