This One Bowl Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread comes together in minutes and when baked is super moist and delicious!
If you are finding yourself with a surplus of zucchini and don’t know what to do with it, you’re in the right place. First of all, check out my tutorial on How to Freeze Zucchini so you can enjoy it all year long. Secondly, make this deliciously sweet zucchini bread stat!
If you’re not familiar with my One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, this recipe is very similar. In fact, I was tired of using an insane amount of oil in a traditional zucchini bread, so I subbed out oil for bananas and a little butter and you guys… it’s AMAZING!!
One Bowl Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Start by mashing a couple ripe bananas in a large bowl until smooth, then stir in some melted butter. This mixture will keep your zucchini bread super moist without all the added fat of oil.
- Add just a 1/2 cup of sugar, some vanilla extract and one egg, then stir to combine.
- Toss in some flour, baking soda, cinnamon and a pinch of salt and stir.
- Lastly, gently fold in your freshly grated (or frozen) zucchini and some mini chocolate chips.
What can I sub for oil in zucchini bread?
Instead of using a cup of oil that most zucchini bread recipes call for, I went ahead and subbed in some mashed bananas and butter. At first I was worried that the banana flavor would overtake the bread, but with the addition of cinnamon, shredded zucchini and chocolate chips, it’s a delightfully moist bread with a subtle banana flavor.
It’s like bananas and zucchini had a baby and it’s all kinds of good.
I could not be happier with how this bread turned out!
Zucchini Bread Add ins and Tips:
- If you’re not a fan of bananas, try using 1 1/2 cups applesauce in place of the mashed banana.
- Make it more fall flavored by switching out mashed banana for 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree and switching the cinnamon to pumpkin pie spice!
- I bake my bread in an 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ bread pan, but if you’re baking in a larger loaf pan or several smaller loaf pans you can cook it in a faster time. Just check with a toothpick in the center for doneness.
- Try adding walnuts or your favorite type of nut in addition to or in place of the chocolate chips.
I know you’re going to love this chocolate chip zucchini bread recipe. I brought it to a church gathering last night and it was the first thing gone!
Helpful Products to Make This Recipe:
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: