This One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a quick-fix banana bread recipe that will knock your socks off!
No one can resist this warm and moist banana chocolate chip bread!
My One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread only takes a few minutes to prep and is baked in less than an hour. Enjoy it warm with butter for the ultimate treat!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
I love when bananas get extra ripe on my counter top because that means it’s time to make banana bread! This easy recipe for chocolate chip banana bread is perfect for beginners and never fails.
Banana Bread Ingredients
You only need a handful of ingredients to whip up this super easy Banana Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe…
- Bananas – I’m using 3 medium sized bananas that are nice and ripe (about 1.5 cups mashed)
- Butter – I prefer to use unsalted butter for this recipe
- Sugar – feel free to reduce the amount of sugar used if you want it less sweet.
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- All Purpose Flour
- Chocolate Chips – I like to use the mini chocolate chips!
How To Make Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
What I love most about this easy banana bread recipe is that it’s mixed up in just one bowl!
MASH BANANAS Start off with some super ripe bananas and then stir in the melted butter. No mixer needed for this one! You can mix the whole thing up with a fork or a sturdy wood spoon.
COMBINE WET AND DRY INGREDIENTS Add in the remaining wet ingredients, followed by the dry ingredients.
FOLD IN CHOCOLATE CHIPS Finally, just fold in the mini chocolate chips and pour into a lightly greased loaf pan.
How Long To Bake Banana Bread
You’ll want to bake banana bread at 350 degrees F. for 50 minutes up to an hour. A toothpick inserted into the center of the banana bread should come out clean when it is fully baked.
Try to not over bake the banana bread or it can become dry.
How Do You Keep Banana Bread Moist?
This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe is ultra moist and delicious from the start. If you want to keep banana bread moist, I recommend letting the banana bread cool completely before wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap.
Place the wrapped banana bread in a zip close container to ensure to oxygen can not reach it, and then store on the counter for up to 5 days. You can keep it refrigerated for up to 8 days as well.
Can You Freeze Banana Bread?
YES! You can definitely freeze banana bread! I love making banana bread when I have loads of ripe bananas to use up, then store the cooled bread in the freezer (wrap in plastic wrap, and store in a zip close bag), for up to 3 months!
Let the banana bread defrost in the refrigerator before slicing.
Can I Make Banana Bread Into Muffins?
YES! You can definitely switch this recipe from a loaf into individual muffins. The baking time would decrease to about 20 to 22 minutes, or until the muffins are cooked through.
Check out these Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins for a great recipe that includes Greek yogurt!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Tips and Variations:
- try using half chocolate chips, half toffee bits.
- remove the chocolate chips completely for a basic banana bread.
- swirl in some peanut butter before baking for a fun twist.
- mix in 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans for a nutty flavor.
More Banana Bread Recipes
I can’t get enough of that sweet banana bread goodness. Here are a few more of my favorite ways to incorporate bananas in to bread!
You’re going to fall in love with this super moist chocolate chip banana bread recipe!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8"x5" (or similar size) loaf pan with baking spray (the kind with flour in it) and set aside.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas until completely smooth. Stir in the melted butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt and flour and stir until the batter is thick and combined. Fold in the chocolate chips then pour/scoop the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Slice and enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE!