These Chocolate Chip Muffin Crumb Bars are filled with a chocolatey center and made with just 4 simple ingredients, including one you would never guess!
The CMA awards are just around the corner (November 2nd) and I’ve teamed up with a few of my favorite bloggers and Martha White to bring you an epic Recipe Swap that’s filled with our favorite recipes for snacking on while watching the big awards show!
Who else prepares a treats and snack table when the CMA’s are on? I do, I do!
I always love something sweet, something salty and a little something savory to be served. This ensures that all the cravings will be satisfied when needed. #priorities
Luckily for you, there are so many great sweet and savory snacks and appetizers listed below that will curb all your cravings!
I’m bringing these Chocolate Chip Muffin Crumb Bars to the dessert table!
With just 4 ingredients, these chocolate filled muffin crumb bars are super simple to make and taste SO GOOD!
Just combine two packages of Martha White chocolate chip muffin mix with some butter and an egg to create your dough.
Press half of the dough into a parchment lined pan and then spread some chocolate hazelnut spread over the top.
Break up the remaining dough and cover up as much of the hazelnut spread spread as you can. I personally like to leave a few spots bare, so the gooey filling has a chance to peek out.
Once the bars are golden brown and have cooled completely, you can remove them from the pan and slice them into squares.
Thanks to the muffin mix, these bars are soft and tender with a very nice crumb to them. It’s almost like they melt in your mouth!
You’re going to love these super simple bars!
Don’t miss these other delicious snacks and treats in this super fun Recipe Swap!!
- Chocolate Chip Muffin Waffle Sundaes – Mommy’s Kitchen
- Sweet Maple Cornbread – Plain Chicken
- Cornbread Crusted Ranch Chicken Bites – Southern Bite
- Red Carpet Sweet Potato Cupcakes – Southern Pantry
- Country Cornbread Sliders – Southern Plate
- Pumpkin Pineapple Upside Down Cake – The Country Cook
Martha White is giving one lucky reader a totally awesome prize pack to help make your CMA awards show snacking spread that much more amazing!
In order to be entered to win, simply comment below BEFORE 10/30/2016 @ 11:59pm EST!
Make sure to use your proper email address, cause I’ll be contacting the winner to get their information for their prize! (US Only) Good luck!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Chocolate Chip Muffin Crumb Bars
- 2 Martha White Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix, 7oz packages
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9" baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the muffin mix (just the powder), the softened butter and one egg. Use a wooden spoon, your hands or the paddle attachment on your mixer to combine the ingredients into a soft dough.
- Take half of the dough and press it into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread the chocolate hazelnut spread over the top of the dough, leaving 1/2" of space around the bottom layer. Crumble the remaining dough and sprinkle it over the top of the hazelnut spread, trying to cover it as much as possible.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Let the bars cool completely before removing from the pan and cutting into squares. Enjoy!
disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Martha White. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help to make I Wash You Dry possible.
Don’t forget to PIN and SAVE this recipe!