These fun S’mores Rice Krispie Treats are packed with gooey marshmallows, chocolate puffs, and golden grahams cereal. It’s an easy no bake dessert!
I love packing the flavors of a classic S’more into all sorts of treats like this S’more Popcorn, Gooey S’mores Cake Bars and S’mores Pizza Roll!
Does the internet need another rice krispie treat recipe? Yes. Yes it does. This is a rice krispie treat variation that is so easy but SO AMAZING!
S’mores Rice Krispie Treats
S’mores Rice Krispie Treats combine a few of my favorite things that make them the best summer no-bake dessert.
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order to make these rice krispie treats. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients in the recipe card below.
- Chocolate Cocoa Puffs Cereal
- Golden Grahams Cereal
- Puffed Rice Cereal
- Vanilla Extract
- TONS of butter
They are fantastically soft and just the right amount of gooey. Best of all, they take minutes to prepare on the stove top.
No campfire needed here!
How To Make Rice Krispie Treats From Scratch?
We’re taking the basics of a classic Rice Krispie Treat and plumping it up with the flavors of a summer S’more and it couldn’t be any easier…
- Begin by melting butter at low heat into a large pot.
- Then stir in the marshmallows (remember to reserve 1 cup to stir in at the end!) Stir constantly until the butter and marshmallow mixture is smooth.
- As soon as the marshmallows are melted, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla
- Then add in the puffed rice cereal, cocoa puffs, and golden grahams cereals.
- Just before you’re done stirring it all together, add in the reserved cup of marshmallows.
How To Prevent Sticky Rice Krispy Treats
The trick to making your treats more on the gooey side and less on the sticky side is BUTTER! Too much butter though will cause your treats to not want to stick together enough and will fall apart. Stick to the amounts required in this recipe for the perfect balance of gooey and sticky.
Parchment Paper Helps
Once your rice krispy treats are mixed together you’ll pour the mixture into a prepared 9×9″ baking pan.
PRO TIP: Use a piece of parchment paper to GENTLY press the mixture down and it will help prevent the treats from sticking to your hands.
Let them cool completely and serve!
Tips For Making The Best Rice Krispie Treats:
- Save some of the marshmallows to mix in at the end. They turn into little melty morsels of deliciousness!
- Don’t cook your butter/marshmallows at too high a temperature. Cooking low and slow is best for gooey and melty rice krispie treats!
- Add vanilla to your krispies! It is the ingredient that lifts these beauties to the next level.
- Use parchment paper to press the rice krispie treats into the pan. This will keep them from sticking all over your hands.
- Don’t compact the treats too much when pressing into the pan or they can become dense and tough.
Do Rice Krispie Treats Need To Be Refrigerated?
No, you do not need to refrigerate rice krispie treats.
You can, however, pop them in the fridge to help them firm up quickly, but leaving them in too long will make them become crunchy and hard.
Why Are My Rice Krispie Treats Hard?
There are a couple of reasons this can happen. The first is that the butter/marshmallow mixture was cooked to long or at too high of a temperature.
PRO TIP: Cook the marshmallows at low to medium heat and remove from heat as soon as the marshmallows are melted.
The second reason is that some recipes use less marshmallows or butter than is necessary for a soft, gooey rice krispie treat. This recipe, if followed correctly, will give you excellent results that are buttery, gooey and delicious!
More Rice Krispie Treat Variations To Try
Craving more of that puffed cereal goodness? Here are a few more delicious recipes to try…
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Rice Krispies
- Candy Corn Rice Krispies
- Butterfinger Chocolate Rice Krispies
- Cookie Butter Rice Krispie Treats
S'mores Rice Krispie Treats
- ½ cup butter
- 10 oz. miniature marshmallows, (reserve 1 cup to stir in at the end)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup Cocoa Puffs cereal
- 1 cup Golden Grahams cereal
- Line a 9”x9” baking pan with foil and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat, until melted.
- Stir in marshmallows (reserve 1 cup to stir in at the end) and keep stirring until the marshmallows have melted and are smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract, puffed rice, cocoa puffs, and golden grahams cereals until the cereal is coated. Stir in 1 cup of reserved marshmallows. Pour mixture into the prepared pan and use a piece of parchment paper to gently press into pan.
- Sprinkle the top with extra cereal pieces and let cool. Remove treats from pan and cut into squares. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: