These Chocolate Chip Blondies are a buttery, vanilla-based chewy dessert bar with plenty of melty chocolate for all the chocolate lovers!
You can serve these with No Churn Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream or top them with some whipped cream for a delicious, easy treat!
This is an easy blondie recipe that I love to whip up during the week for movie night, or on a weekend when I want a quick dessert.
Chocolate Chip Blondies
WHAT ARE BLONDIES?
Blondies are just like brownies but without the cocoa powder. They’re meant to be a chewy, dense cookie-like bar.
The best part about these blondie bars is that they only take a few minutes to mix up, and bake in less than half an hour!
8 simple ingredients are all you need for these delicious blondies. As always you can find the full list of ingredients listed in the printable recipe card below.
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Flour – all-purpose
- Baking Powder
- Chocolate Chunks – you can substitute with chocolate chips if desired
How To Make Blondies:
These chocolate chip blondies come together quickly, so make sure you preheat the oven first!
CREAM BUTTER AND SUGAR In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and brown sugar until it is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Then add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
MIX DRY INGREDIENTS In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add half of the dry ingredients mixture into the mixing bowl with the wet ingredients and mix together. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the second half of the dry mixture, then mix again. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
PRO TIP: Save a few chocolate chunks to sprinkle on top of the blondies!
BAKE Transfer the batter into an 8×8 inch pan lined with parchment paper and spread evenly. Sprinkle a few chocolate chunks on top, and bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes. The center should be set. Remove and let cool before slicing and serving.
What’s the Difference Between a Brownie and a Blondie?
Brownies are chocolate-based, usually made with cocoa powder and/or melted chocolate mixed in the batter.
Blondies are vanilla-based and light brown in color, usually with unmelted chocolate pieces mixed into the batter.
Both are buttery, chewy, and delicious!
Here are a few ways you can make chocolate chip blondies fun and different!
- Use different types of chocolate! White, dark, or butterscotch chips would all be AMAZING in these blondies.
- Top with fun sprinkles! These can be customized to almost any holiday with your favorite sprinkles.
- We love this Oreo Birthday Cake Blondie for a fun treat!
More Quick And Easy Desserts
If you need a few more easy desserts with chocolate, I got you covered!
- Last Minute Chocolate Fudge Recipe
- One Skillet Fully Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Easy Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
- One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
I know you’ll love this easy blondie recipe as much as we do!
Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8"x8" baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar until it becomes light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue to beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and sift together. Add half of the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix together. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add remaining half of the dry ingredients. Mix again. Fold in the chocolate chunks, leaving a few for sprinkling on top.
- Spread batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the center is set. Remove from the oven and let cool. Slice into 9 pieces and enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: