This Super Easy Fudge Brownie Recipe is a family size recipe, full of deep chocolate flavor, fudgy on the inside, with the perfect chocolate crust on the outside.
Skip the box mix, and make these super easy homemade brownies instead! All you need are some basic baking ingredients, a few minutes of prep and you’ll be blown away at how delicious these fudge brownies are!
Homemade Fudge Brownie Recipe
- Start by melting a cup of butter, then let it cool slightly. Whisk in some sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add in the cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder. Use a sturdy wood spoon to gently stir until the mixture is no longer dry.
- Fold in some chocolate chips and pour into a 9×13″ baking pan.
BEST Fudge Brownie TIPS:
Even though you have the ingredients to make the BEST fudge brownies, doesn’t mean they’ll be the BEST. Here are a few tips to get you those AWARD WINNING brownies every time!
- EGGS – this recipe calls for 4 lightly beaten eggs. Make sure you lightly beat the eggs before adding them to the butter and sugar. We don’t want to over mix the brownie batter or you’ll end up with tough brownies.
- STURDY SPOON – Ditch the whisk when it comes to mixing the dry ingredients with the wet. Gently stir the batter together until there are no more dry lumps. Again, over mixing here will create air pockets in the batter, resulting in a more cake-like brownie.
- BAKE TIME – All ovens are a little different, so make sure you keep an eye on your brownies and don’t let them over cook. You’ll know the brownies are done when the top get a shiny gloss to it with a few cracks all over.
- PLASTIC KNIFE – Here’s a bonus tip for ya! Use a plastic knife to get perfectly cut brownies. It’s a game changer!
I loaded the inside of these brownies with mini chocolate chips for an extra chocolatey flavor. You can skip the chips, or try any of these fun variations:
Can I Add Extras To This Brownie Mix?
- Use quality chocolate bars that are coarsely chopped in place of chocolate chips.
- Try using chopped up kit kats, reese’s peanut butter cups, m&m’s or any of your other favorite candies.
- Swap out cocoa powder for dark cocoa powder for an extra dark chocolate brownie.
- You can even add your favorite nut! Pecans, walnuts, peanuts, etc.
Looking for an over the top brownie recipe? Try these Fudge Ripple Pecan Brownies!
The easiest way to get brownies out of the pan is to line the pan with parchment paper. Make sure you leave a few inches of parchment paper along the sides of the pan so you can easily lift the brownies out of the pan.
Should I Use a Metal or Glass Pan?
I prefer to make these brownies in my metal 9″x13″ pan because it gives the brownies a little more of a crisp edge to them. That being said, you can also get away with using a glass baking dish, just make sure the brownies are fully cooked before removing from the oven (glass may require a few extra minutes of bake time).
Can You Halve or Double This Brownie Recipe?
Yes! You can easily halve this recipe and bake it in a 9×9″ pan. The brownies would be a little thicker, but should be done around 20 to 23 minutes.
If you want to double the recipe, I would just bake in two 9×13″ pans. You can use the “2x” button in the recipe card to get the proper measurements.
There’s nothing better than that crackled, glossy top to these BETTER THAN BOX brownies!
One bite of these delicious fudge brownies and you’ll be hooked!Print
Super Easy Fudge Brownie Recipe
This super easy Fudge Brownie Recipe is filled with gooey, rich chocolate and perfectly balanced sweetness.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13″ baking pan or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and let cool slightly. Stir in the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add in the cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder. Use a sturdy wooden spoon or rubber spatula to gently stir the ingredients, just until combined. DO NOT whisk or over mix (this will add extra air to the batter and result in cake-like brownies instead of fudge-like ones).
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pour batter into prepared baking pan. Spread out evenly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the center is set. Let cool slightly before slicing. Enjoy!
For easy slicing, use a plastic knife!
Keywords: Fudge, Brownie, Chocolate, Easy, Family