This Shrimp Orzo Pasta Salad is cool and refreshing with tomatoes, cucumbers, and a zesty homemade dressing!
This cold pasta salad recipe is SO delicious and uses lots of seasonal veggies just like my Asparagus Pasta Salad!
This is the perfect pasta side dish for potlucks and parties, plus it disappears SO fast.
Shrimp Orzo Pasta Salad
This is an easy and delicious summer pasta salad with color, flavor, and crunch! Fresh cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, and delicious cooked shrimp with a zesty, lemony vinaigrette that everyone is sure to love!
Looking for the perfect side dish to make for a BBQ? This is it!
Ingredients for Shrimp Orzo Pasta Salad
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order to make this Shrimp Orzo Pasta Salad recipe. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients located in the recipe card below.
- Shrimp – small, tail off, de-veined
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Orzo Pasta – or any small pasta will work
- Cherry Tomatoes
- English Cucumber
- Feta Cheese
- Curly Leaf Parsley
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Lemons – juice of
- Italian Seasoning
How to Make Pasta Salad
PREPARE THE SHRIMP Start by patting the shrimp dry with paper towels, then seasoning the shrimp with salt and pepper on both sides.
COOK THE SHRIMP Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, then add shrimp and cook until pink and cooked through, then remove from heat. Coarsely chop the shrimp and set aside.
COOK PASTA Cook the orzo in boiling water until tender, then drain and cool.
PRO TIP: Rinse pasta in cold water to stop the cooking process and cool it down quickly.
ASSEMBLE PASTA SALAD In a large bowl, combine orzo pasta, diced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, onion, feta cheese, parsley, and cooked shrimp.
MAKE DRESSING Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and whisk together until well mixed. Pour over pasta salad, gently toss to combine, then cover and chill until ready to serve. Make sure to toss again before serving!
PRO TIP: You can also put all of the ingredients for the dressing into a mason jar, cover with a lid, and shake to mix. It’s a great way to store the dressing if you make this pasta salad ahead, or if you have extra dressing!
What Temperature Do You Serve This Salad?
This pasta salad is best served chilled due to the cucumbers. If fresh onions are too strong for you, you can always sauté them for a few minutes with the shrimp and cool them before adding them to the pasta salad to make the flavor milder.
Can You Use Different Pasta?
Of course! Small pasta varieties work well for this recipe, such as small shell pasta, ditalini, or even bowtie.
More Pasta Salads to Try
Need more ideas for delicious and easy pasta salad recipes? Here are a few to try…
- Creamy Avocado Pasta Salad
- Easy BLT Pasta Salad
- Simple Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Cool Spaghetti Salad Recipe
I’m super excited for you to try this delicious Shrimp Orzo Pasta Salad! It’s one of our favorites in the summer, and I know you’re going to love it!
Shrimp Orzo Pasta Salad
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, small size
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz orzo pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 English Cucumber, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup purple onion, chopped
- ¾ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ⅓ cup curly leaf parsley, finely chopped
For The Dressing
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp Italian Seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels and then season with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Once hot, add shrimp and cook just until pink and cooked through. Remove from heat and let cool. Coarsely chop shrimp and set aside.
- Cook orzo pasta according to package instructions, then drain and let cool. Add pasta to a large bowl with the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, feta cheese and parsley. Add in the cooked shrimp.
For The Dressing
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a mason jar (or small bowl) add the lid and shake to combine. Pour dressing over pasta salad and gently toss to combine. Cover and chill in fridge until ready to serve. Toss again just before serving. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE:
OMG! I made this today, substituting 1/2 pound of rotisserie chicken for the shrimp. It is delicious! Thanks for sharing.❤
I will the make this yummy salad tonight! I love recipes that include the under utilized pasta orzo.