This Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Skillet Recipe is a quick and easy dinner recipe that’s filled with cheesy rice, broccoli and tender chicken pieces.
I’m coming at you with another fantastic, super easy, weeknight dinner that’s made in just one skillet! I love one skillet dinners so much. Especially when they’re ready in less than 30 minutes and a complete meal.
Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Skillet Recipe
- Start by browning some boneless skinless chicken thighs and onion in a skillet.
- Toss in some rice, broccoli, seasonings and chicken broth then bring to a boil.
- Stir in some sour cream and cheese, then top with a little more cheese and let melt!
Can I use Chicken Breast instead of Chicken Thighs?
- You can substitute cut up chicken breast in place of chicken thighs.
- To make this dish even quicker, you can sauté the onion then toss in shredded rotisserie chicken and go to the next step.
- This recipe would also be great with pork or ground beef. The options are endless, which make this a fantastic go-to meal!
Here is one of my biggest tips for making a skillet meal with rice- MAKE SURE YOU BRING THE MIXTURE TO A BOIL!
I’ve had a few complaints that the rice doesn’t cook as fast as I am stating. Here is why – if you skip the step of bringing the skillet to a boil before reducing the heat to a simmer and covering, it’s going to take longer. The rice needs that extra heat in order to cook efficiently.
Can I use Minute Rice instead of Long Grain Rice?
- My short answer to this question is NO, but in reality it can be done with a few minor tweaks.
- Minute Rice requires a ratio of 1:1 (rice:liquid), while long grain requires a ratio of 1:2 (rice:liquid).
- In order to make this recipe work with minute rice, you’ll want to either reduce the amount of liquid in the recipe, or increase the amount of rice. I suggest increasing the rice to 2 cups for this recipe.
Once you’ve stirred in some sour cream and cheese to the cooked rice mixture just top it off with a little more cheese and pop the lid back on.
There is nothing better than the flavors of broccoli and cheese (check out this Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken recipe too)!
The creamy rice and tender chicken pieces really make this easy chicken skillet dinner a comforting weeknight meal.
I can’t wait for you to give this recipe a try! Make sure you leave a comment below to let me know how much you loved it!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: