It’s zucchini season, so of course I did the natural thing… I made zucchini bread!
But not just any zucchini bread, I made you guys a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Zucchini Bread!
I found this amazing recipe for a dark chocolate zucchini bread over on BHG, but I’m not a huge fan of dark chocolate, and I had a bag of chocolate peanut butter cups in my pantry… so… the rest is history!
I’m not sure if you follow me on Instagram, but this past weekend I went to Las Vegas with a couple of my blogging girl friends.
It was for sure a weekend of indulgence.
We ordered just about everything sweet on each menu we looked at, and while we didn’t eat everything completely, I think all the bites added up.
I tried to go out and run a few miles this morning to work some of those donut calories off, and holy cow… after just a few days off, I can totally feel it.
I was huffing and puffing just to get 3 miles done.
I’m supposed to run 18 miles this weekend… hold me.
During my run all I could think about was how I was only going to eat lettuce and drink water for the rest of my life.
Then I got home and was starrrrrrving!!
So I compromised and made myself a protein smoothie full of fruit and spinach.
Ok, ok… I also had a slice of this bread…
I couldn’t help it! Just look at this gorgeousness!
Studded with chocolate peanut butter cups and little flecks of green zucchini.
The zucchini makes it healthy, right? 😉
You’re right… lettuce leaves and water are definitely overrated.
This zucchini bread is where it’s at!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Zucchini Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups zucchini , coarsely shredded unpeeled
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts , chopped (or pecans)optional
- 1 1/2 cups mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of two 8x4x2-inch loaf pans; set aside. In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, zucchini, sugar, oil, and vanilla. Add zucchini mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in nuts (if desired) and 3/4 of the chopped chocolate peanut butter cups. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pans, spreading evenly, top each loaf with the remaining peanut butter cups.
- Bake about 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on rack.
- Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
- Get full recipe HERE
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW