This Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Zucchini Bread is sweet with fresh zucchini, yummy peanut butter cups, cinnamon, and walnuts for a lovely crunch!
Use up all that fresh zucchini with this moist zucchini bread recipe! It’s a sweet cousin of one of our favorites, One Bowl Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread.
Zucchini season is upon us, and it makes me so happy because it means I can make some of this delicious zucchini bread! It’s the best. Studded with chocolate peanut butter cups and little flecks of green zucchini.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Zucchini Bread
The zucchini in this bread makes it ultra moist and delicious, you can use fresh or frozen as prepared when I show you in my post How to Freeze Zucchini.
If you’ve never made zucchini bread before, this recipe super easy to follow! It’s a “quick bread”, which means NO YEAST is required to make it, the leavener used instead is baking powder to make it nice and fluffy.
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Zucchini Bread. As always, you can find the full printable recipe located in the recipe card below.
- Baking Powder
- Eggs – lightly beaten
- Zucchini – coarsely shredded, unpeeled
- Oil – vegetable or canola works well
- Vanilla Extract
- Walnuts – chopped
- Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
How To Make This Easy Zucchini Bread
PRO TIP Prepping ingredients ahead is an easy way to make sure this bread goes in the oven super quick.
PREHEAT Start by preheating the oven to 350 F. Make sure you grease the sides and bottoms of two bread pans, 8x4x2 inches.
COMBINE DRY INGREDIENTS In a mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, sugar, and cinnamon. Whisk together.
COMBINE WET INGREDIENTS In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, zucchini, oil, and vanilla. Mix well so that there are no egg pieces left.
MIX TOGETHER Add the wet zucchini mixture all at once to the flour mixture. Stir until just combined, the batter will be lumpy, but there should be no flour pockets left.
ADD THE CHOCOLATE Last, add the chopped walnuts and about 3/4 of the chopped chocolate peanut butter cups. Mix to combine.
TRANSFER TO PANS Pour the zucchini bread batter into two even portions into the loaf pans. Spread evenly, then sprinkle the remaining chopped peanut butter cups over the top of the batter.
BAKE Transfer pans to a middle rack in the oven and bake for about 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on rack.
Do You Peel Zucchini For Bread?
There is no need to peel the zucchini before shredding and using it in this recipe, it would be an unnecessary step and more work. This is the grater I use for shredding zucchini.
It bakes right into the bread in tiny pieces, and as long as it’s grated properly you won’t be able to tell when you eat it!
How Long To Bake Zucchini Bread?
Zucchini Bread can take around 50 to 60 minutes to bake at 350 degrees F.
The batter is thick, and the zucchini bread is meant to be moist and tender.
PRO TIP: Be sure to check with a toothpick inserted in the center to ensure that it is finished baking. The toothpick should come out clean with no crumbs left on it. Chocolate from the peanut butter cups is okay!
More Easy Zucchini Recipes
Need a few more ideas for easy zucchini recipes? Here are a few of our favorites to try…
- Easy Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Corn Fritters
- 5 Minute Cheesy Zucchini Rice
- Baked Zucchini Squash Casserole
I’m excited for you to give this super delicious, moist zucchini bread a try! Make sure to let me know how it goes in the comments below!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Zucchini Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups zucchini , coarsely shredded unpeeled
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts , chopped (or pecans)optional
- 1 1/2 cups mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of two 8x4x2-inch loaf pans; set aside. In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, zucchini, oil, and vanilla. Add zucchini mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in nuts (if desired) and 3/4 of the chopped chocolate peanut butter cups. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pans, spreading evenly, top each loaf with the remaining peanut butter cups.
- Bake about 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on rack.
- You may slice right away and enjoy or wrap tightly with plastic wrap and store overnight for incredible results.