If you’re looking for a delicious way to use up some zucchini, this Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread is the way to do it!
I’m excited to announce that I’ve once again partnered with Challenge Dairy for the year!
Bring on all the glorious butter and cream cheese! Challenge’s butter is seriously my favorite butter, it’s creamy and when put in baked goods like this bread, you can seriously taste the difference.
I brought a loaf of this bread over to my mother in law, and she kept asking how on earth I was able to make the bread so light and moist at the same time.
The key to making it light and fluffy but moist at the same time is to cream the Challenge butter and sugar together until it’s light and fluffy. Then when it comes to adding the dry ingredients, you only want to mix until it’s combined. Over mixing will cause it to become more dense when baked.
You guys, my garden was producing zucchini like it was going out of business!!
To be honest, we just had to pull out our zucchini plants because they were growing so big that they were blocking the sun from our tomatoes. We’re going to replant in a couple weeks to get more, but in the meantime I’ve frozen enough to last us for at least 30 more loaves of this bread… 😉
My kids LOVE this zucchini bread. I love how I can sneak in a large zucchini and you can’t even tell it’s in there!
I used some plain greek yogurt as a way to keep this bread nice and rich.
You could use some lemon greek yogurt to give it even more lemon flavor!
The glaze on top is a simple powdered sugar and lemon juice combination that adds the perfect sweetness to this bread.
I love making this bread in those throw-away baking tins and bringing it to friends and neighbors.
It’s a super simple recipe that everyone loves and it’s a great way to brighten their day!
Don’t forget to check out the video I made below the recipe, and be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more great videos!
Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread
- 1 cup Challenge Butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, + 2 tsp lemon zest (divided)
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups zucchini, grated (about one large zucchini)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- extra lemon zest , for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray two 8 1/2 inch x 4 inch bread pans with baking spray (the kind that has the flour in it) and set aside.
- Beat the butter, greek yogurt, sugar and lemon juice in a large bowl until smooth and combined. Add in the eggs one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and lemon zest, whisk to combine. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir to combine.
- Stir in the zucchini, vanilla extract and poppy seeds until evenly distributed. Try not to over stir. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans and bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for at least 10 minutes in pans before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
For the Glaze:
- Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over the bread and garnish with lemon zest if desired. Store bread in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Challenge Dairy. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.