This super easy Peach Crisp Recipe is filled with fresh peaches in a sweetened brown sugar sauce and topped with a buttery oat crumble.
Serve this as an easy summer dessert with Pralines and Cream Ice Cream for an amazing treat everyone will love! Our whole family is smitten with this quick and easy peach dessert. It’s best to make it with fresh juicy peaches while they’re in season!
Easy Peach Crisp Recipe
With just a few pantry staple ingredients and a few minutes of prep, this amazing crisp comes together in a jiffy!
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order to make this recipe. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients in the printable recipe card below.
- Flour – all purpose
- Oats – regular old-fashioned
- Brown Sugar – light
- Baking Powder
- Peaches – peeled, pitted, and sliced thin
- Lemon Juice
- Water – for the peach filling
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make Easy Peach Crisp
This recipe is best using fresh summer peaches while they’re in season, so take advantage of the fresh peaches while they’re still around!
MAKE TOPPING Combine the flour, oats, pecans, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl and whisk together. Add in the chilled butter and use clean fingers to pinch the butter and create a coarse mixture. Place bowl in the fridge until ready to use.
MAKE FILLING In a large bowl whisk together melted butter with flour. Add in the water, lemon juice, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt and whisk to combine.
ADD PEACHES Stir in the sliced peaches and coat evenly with the brown sugar mixture. Pour peach mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with the oat crumble topping. BAKE CRISP Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the center is bubbly and the top is browned nicely. Let the peach crisp cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Can I Use Frozen Peaches?
Yes! You can use frozen sliced peaches in place of fresh ones. Just run the frozen peaches under cool water to defrost and then add them to the peach filling.
In a pinch, you can use canned peaches in place of fresh, but the peaches will be softer and much more sweet in the peach crisp than fresh. I definitely recommend fresh for this recipe while peaches are in season!
Storing and Reheating Peach Crisp
Keep peach crisp covered and store at room temperature for 2-3 days or refrigerate from 3-5 days.
It can be prepped ahead of time, covered, and stored in the refrigerator prior to baking for up to 24 hours. If baking from chilled, you’ll need to bake longer (until the center is bubbly).
To reheat, place leftovers in the oven at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. That will keep the oat topping nice and crispy. If you don’t care if the topping is crispy, you can always warm it in the microwave for about 1 minute.
More Peach Dessert Recipes
Need more ideas to use those delicious peaches? I have a few more recipes for you to try…
I can’t wait for you to give this recipe a try! Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Easy Peach Crisp Recipe
For The Oat Topping
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter, cold and cut into small pieces
For The Peach Filling
- 2 lbs. peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced thin, about 3 to 4 cups.
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Rub butter in a 7"x11" baking dish (or similar size) and set aside.
To Make the Topping
- Combine the flour, oats, pecans, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl and whisk together. Add in the chilled butter and use clean fingers to pinch the butter and create a coarse mixture. Place bowl in fridge until ready to use.
To Make the Filling
- Stir in the sliced peaches and coat evenly with the brown sugar mixture. Pour peach mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with the oat crumble topping.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until center is bubbly and top is browned nicely. Let the peach crisp cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.