This Peach Slab Pie is full of sliced peaches swimming in a delicious mixture of cinnamon and sugar, then topped with a crisp oat topping.
I’ve created the best of both worlds with this super easy peach slab pie. The crust has a delightful shortbread cookie taste to it, that is similar to my Peaches and Cream Pie Bars. The topping is a delicious oat crumble that’s filled with oats, brown sugar and pecans.
Tips for making Peach Slab Pie:
- I use a half sheet baking pan that measures roughly 18″ x 13″. If you don’t have one this large, you can make two smaller slab pies with all the ingredients.
- Keep the butter for the topping cold when mixing to create a nice crumble, then bake immediately.
- Feel free to swap out any kind of nut in the topping to your preference. Almonds and Pecans are my favorite.
What type of peaches to use:
- Toss some drained canned peaches with some sugar, cinnamon and a little flour and then pour it into the pie.
- You can definitely use fresh peaches here. Just peel the peaches and slice them thin before tossing with the sugar mixture.
- Frozen peaches would work as well. Toss the frozen peaches in the sugar mixture first thing and let it sit on the counter for 30 to 40 minutes before adding to the pie dough.
Bake the peach slab pie for about 40 to 45 minutes until the filling is bubbly and the crust is golden brown!
It’s especially tasty when served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
The warm peaches swimming in a sweet cinnamon mixture are the perfect filling to the crumbly pie crust and crisp oat topping.
One bite and you’ll be hooked!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Peach Slab Pie
For the Crust:
For the Peach Filling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
For the Crust:
- Cream together butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg. Add in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until a soft dough forms. Press into a 18" x 13" x 1" baking pan into an even layer, adding extra up the sides to form a crust.
For the Filling:
- Place the drained peaches* in a large bowl and add 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Gently stir to coat and then pour over the pie crust.
For the Topping:
- In a separate bowl combine 1 cup oats, 1 cup packed brown sugar and 1/2 cup of flour. Use a pastry cutter or two forks to work in the small pieces of butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the 1/2 cup sliced almonds. Sprinkle the mixture over the peaches and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
- Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack. Serve warm or cool completely.
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE