I’ve taken two of the best desserts out there and combined them into one knock-out recipe!
This Brown Sugar Pecan Pie Cheesecake is rich, decadent and full of that delicious caramel flavor!
You know how much I love cheesecake. Well, this cheesecake recipe is beyond simple to make, and is sure to please everyone.
Unless you’re allergic to pecans…
The cheesecake base is my classic recipe filled with 4 bricks of nutrient rich cream cheese and bone healthy sour cream (you could easily use plain greek yogurt in place of the sour cream), but rather than using regular white sugar to lightly sweeten it, I substituted in a little bit of brown sugar.
It’s the perfect base for a layer of pecan pie.
Obviously I’m all about simple, simple, simple… so when it came to adding that pecan pie layer on top, I went the easy route.
All I did was coarsely chop some pecans and spread them over the cheesecake filling. Then I whisked some eggs and caramel ice cream topping together to create a rich and delicious pecan pie filling. Just pour it over the pecans and bake the cheesecake!
I won’t lie, the filling was really close to the top and I was nervous it might over flow while baking. I placed it on top of a foil lined baking sheet just in case, but nothing spilled out! Success!
Like I said… I’m smitten.
This cheesecake is so so so good. Even the crust has bits of pecans and brown sugar in it!
I should subtitle this cheesecake: “Everything you love about Fall”
Top each slice with a few more pecans and a drizzle of caramel ice cream topping… then drift away into cheesecake bliss.
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Brown Sugar Pecan Pie Cheesecake
For the Crust:
- 8 graham crackers, large sheets
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 5 tbsp Challenge Butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 4 Challenge Dairy cream cheese, 8oz packages, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 large eggs
For the Pecan Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 caramel ice cream topping, 12.25 oz jar
Optional toppings: pecans and more caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a 9"x13" pan on the bottom rack of your oven and fill half way with water. Position a rack just above the pan, in the middle of the oven.
- To make the crust, use a food processor to combine the graham crackers, pecans and brown sugar until they turn to a fine crumb, drizzle in the melted butter and pulse until combined. Press the crumbs in a 10" spring form pan in an even layer, and a little up the sides of the pan. Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from oven, set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sour cream (or plain greek yogurt), brown sugar and vanilla and beat until combined, scraping down the sides of bowl when necessary. Add the (4) eggs one at a time, beating in between. Pour into the spring form pan.
- To make the pecan pie topping: Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans over the top of the cheesecake in an even layer. In a large bowl whisk the 3 eggs and then whisk in the full jar of caramel ice cream topping until combine. Pour over the chopped pecans.
- Place the springform pan carefully on a large, foil lined baking sheet and bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until the center of the cheesecake is only slightly jiggly.
- Turn the oven off, and crack the oven door open slightly, letting the cheesecake rest inside the oven for 1 to 2 hours. Let cool on counter top until room temperature, then refrigerate (covered) for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Run a knife along the edges of the cake to loosen from the spring form pan. Gently unlock it and clean up any rough edges before topping with additional pecans and caramel ice cream topping if desired. Enjoy!
disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Arizona Milk Producers. Reminding you to get your daily 3 doses of dairy! All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: