This Quick Blueberry Muffins Recipe is loaded with fresh blueberries and sprinkled with a touch of sugar for a sweet topping everyone will enjoy.
How To Make Blueberry Muffins in Three Easy Steps:
- Start by combining your dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add in the fresh blueberries, milk, butter and egg and stir until a thick and lumpy batter is formed.
- Divide the blueberry muffin batter among lightly coated muffin liners and bake.
It’s a one bowl and one fork kind of recipe. Meaning less dishes for you to clean up, which is a major plus in my book. Just stir together the dry ingredients and toss in the blueberries to get them nice and coated.
Blueberry Muffin Ingredients:
- Flour – regular all purpose flour
- Baking Powder
- Blueberries – you can use any type of berry you like!
- Milk – you could also use water if you’re out of milk.
- Melted Butter – you can also use vegetable oil in place of the butter.
- Egg – lightly beat the egg before adding to batter.
- Coarse Sugar – I like to top the muffins with some coarse sugar to give them just a little added sweetness on top.
Add the wet ingredients and give it a few good turns just until the batter comes together. The batter can be real thick like a sticky cookie dough, so I use my ice cream scoop to evenly divide the batter between the lined muffin tin.
PRO TIP: Don’t stir too much or the muffins will get tough.
Before the oven even has a chance to preheat, these beauties are all ready to go in!
Seriously… how awesome is that!?!
Blueberry Muffin Tips and Variations:
- You can use any sort of fresh berry or even frozen in this recipe. If you plan on using frozen berries, just carefully fold those into the batter at the end before dividing into baking cups.
- I’ve made these with chocolate chips in place of blueberries too, both are great!
- Make sure to do a quick spray on the inside liners with non-stick spray so the muffins do not stick.
- These muffins are best when enjoyed warm, but still taste great at room temperature too.
Can You Freeze Blueberry Muffins?
Yes! You can definitely freeze these muffins and enjoy at a later date. Just package them up in a freezer safe container and enjoy within 3 months.
More Easy Muffin Recipes:
- Orange Cranberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Carrot Cake Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
These blueberry muffins won’t last long in your house!
Helpful Products To Make This Recipe:
Quick Blueberry Muffins
Quick Blueberry Muffins are loaded with fresh blueberries and sprinkled with a touch of sugar!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg beaten
- coarse sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and berries in a bowl. Add the milk, melted butter, and egg to the dry ingredients and mix together with a fork just until completely wet. Don’t over mix, batter will be thick and lumpy.
- Lightly spray muffin tin liners with cooking spray and fill with batter, sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Enjoy warm.
You can substitute the blueberries for chocolate chips or other berries.
Keywords: blueberry, muffins