Since Fall has begun, so has all things pumpkin! These Pumpkin Crumb Muffins are the perfect breakfast for this time of the year – crumbly, comforting and great with coffee!
Fall is my very favorite time of the year and I try to savour every moment because it seems that the season is over before we know it – snow is on the ground, the holidays are over then it’s the start to a new year. It all goes by waaaay too fast. One way I savour every moment of Fall is cooking and baking everything I can that reminds me of Fall. Pumpkin is on the top on that list, of course.
In an effort to create many types of pumpkin recipes, not simply just desserts, I decided to throw you a pumpkin muffin recipe! This is not just any pumpkin muffin recipe – it has a crazy crunchy crumb topping that is simply undeniably good. I could not get enough of these muffins – one in the morning with coffee and one in the afternoon for a snack.
They’re not super sweet or super dense, but rather light on sweetness, heavy on crunch and just downright perfect. The pure pumpkin, plus pumpkin spice, plus the cinnamon give these gorgeous muffins a marriage of pumpkin flavor that will seriously last forever.
My husband brought a few to work with him (this is how I get rid of all my leftovers so nothing goes to waste) and his brother texted me and said, “I think it’s time to open a bakery.” Now that made me happy and ensured that I created the perfect pumpkin muffin recipe! These beauties should definitely go on your Fall must-make list this year. You, your family, friends, co-workers and everyone else will be so happy that you made them!
I know my family was!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Pumpkin Crumb Muffins
These Pumpkin Crumb Muffins are the perfect breakfast for this time of the year – crumbly, comforting and great with hot chocolate!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 12 large muffins 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 15 oz can pure pumpkin puree (not the filling)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, dark brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda; set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the bowl of wet ingredient to the bowl of dry ingredients and gently mix together (do not over-mix. Batter will be thick and lumpy.)
- Spoon batter into muffin liners so they’re about 3/4 full then top each with crumble topping.
- To make crumble topping mix all the ingredients in a bowl (I used my fingers).
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted into the muffin. Let cool.
Keywords: pumpkin, crumb, muffins