Infused with garlic and oh-so-creamy, these Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes are definitely an irresistible side dish, or even a main dish!
Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes
Some of my go-to Instant Pot recipes are Beef Stew, Ribs, and Pasta. I slowly continue to convert my regular favorites into Instant Pot-friendly versions. It’s so fun and so convenient. As I mentioned earlier, it’s not always a smooth road, but I’m telling ya, it’s totally worth it!
Today, I’m sharing with you my latest favorite Instant Pot recipe creamy garlic scalloped potatoes. So creamy, cheesy and infused with garlic in every single bite!
How To Make Scalloped Potatoes in the Instant Pot:
- Instead of pressing the garlic, as I usually do, I opted to grate them on a microplane zester into super fine garlic mush. You won’t be biting into any garlic pieces, and you’ll definitely taste the wonderful garlic flavor. Hope you love garlic!!
- Unlike my Classic Scalloped Potatoes, I also threw in some ham, because scalloped potatoes are so much better with ham, right? I highly recommend getting thinly sliced deli ham, so you can layer them in between the potatoes slices.
Speaking of sliced potatoes… do your best to cut the potatoes as thin as you can. Or if you have a Mandoline slicer, use it. Too thick of potatoes may not cook evenly.
Why Wont My Instant Pot Come To Pressure?
This recipe calls for a creamy, thick sauce that coats the potatoes. Because of the nature of pressure cooking, sauces that are too thick will end up scorching on the bottom and not allow the liquid to boil enough to create that steam needed to pressurize the pot.
The best solution for this is to cook your thicker sauces inside a dish, resting on top of the trivet with the water underneath. This will allow your instant pot to come to pressure efficiently and your potatoes will be tender without a huge mess on the bottom of your pot.
I use my 8 inch round cake pan that is about 2 inches high on the sides and it fit perfectly inside my 8 quart Instant Pot. If you have a smaller Instant Pot, you’ll want to use a 7 inch round, with 3 inch sides. You can find one here on Amazon for pretty cheap.
Once the potatoes are tender, you’ll pull the pan out of the Instant Pot and place it on a baking sheet then top with the remaining cheese. Pop it under the broiler to get a nice and golden brown crust!
Let the potatoes cool slightly before digging in. This will allow the creamy sauce to thicken just a little more and you’ll be left with some deliciously cheesy scalloped potatoes!
I’m sure you’re going to LOVE these deliciously cheesy potatoes with this new and improved recipe. The flavor is dreamy!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes
- Thinly slice the potatoes and cut the ham into small squares.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the heavy cream, milk, garlic, flour, salt, black pepper and cilantro.
- Spray a round pan that can easily fit inside your pressure cooker (I used 8" round with 2" high sides) with non stick spray. Layer half of the potatoes and ham in the round pan, followed by half of the cheese. Pour half of the liquid over the top. Repeat with the rest of the potatoes, ham and liquid, reserving the remaining cheese for later.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of water into the liner of your pressure cooker and place the round pan on top of your trivet. Carefully lower your pan down into the liner of your pressure cooker. Close the lid and ensure the pressure release valve is closed as well. Cook on HIGH pressure for 25 minutes, followed by a QUICK RELEASE of the pressure.
- Carefully pull the pan out by the trivet handles and place pan on a baking sheet. Top with the remaining cheese and place under the broiler in your oven for 3 minutes. (Or if you don't want to turn on your oven you can just leave the potatoes in the pressure cooker, top with cheese and cover for 5 minutes before removing from liner).
- Let the potatoes sit for about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: