This Crock Pot Sweet Potato Casserole is all made in the slow cooker for an easy, fuss-free side dish!
When it comes to preparing Thanksgiving dinner, oven space is on high demand.
So why not put your crock pot to work and free up some valuable space in the oven?
Whether you’re hosting dinner at your place or bringing a dish to the party, this Crock Pot Sweet Potato Casserole is here to save the day. It’s so simple to make, but tastes like you slaved for hours over it. Everyone will love it!
Crock Pot Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe:
- To make the sweet potato casserole simply find 5 medium-large sweet potatoes, or about 5 pounds.
- Peel them and then cut them into even sized cubes (about 1-2 inches). This doesn’t have to be precise, it just helps them cook evenly.
Toss them all into the crock pot, along with some chicken broth and a little butter.
Close the lid and walk away.
After 3 hours you’ll be able to easily mash the sweet potatoes.
Tips For Mashed Sweet Potatoes:
- The more liquid with the sweet potatoes will give you a softer, more loose casserole texture.
- If you want a firmer sweet potato base, drain some of the liquid before mashing.
Once it’s all mashed up lightly beat 2 eggs along with some vanilla and pour it right into the crock pot.
Add a little more sweetness with a cup of brown sugar and a touch of vanilla extract.
Give it a good stir, and mix thoroughly.
Then quickly whip up the pecan topping.
Sprinkle it evenly over the mashed sweet potatoes, cover, and let it cook for another 2 hours.
That’s what I love so much about this recipe.
It’s so simple, it practically makes itself.
Which gives you more time to prepare other dishes… or play with your kids… or start holiday shopping.
Just make sure to let the casserole sit for a few minutes after you turn off the crock pot before digging in.
You’re going to love this deliciously sweet and tasty Thanksgiving side dish!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Crock Pot Sweet Potato Casserole
- 5 medium to large sweet potatoes, about 5 pounds
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- For the Topping
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into even 1-2 inch cubes. Place the potatoes into your crock pot and add the chicken broth and sprinkle the cubed butter on top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours, or until the sweet potatoes are soft enough to mash. (*see notes)
- Use a potato masher and mash the potatoes to your desired consistency.
- Add the lightly beaten eggs, brown sugar and vanilla to the crock pot and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine the topping ingredients and stir to coat. Sprinkle over the mashed sweet potatoes, replace the lid and continue to cook on high for 2 more hours.
- Serve warm right out of the crock pot. Enjoy!