Buckle up for the this super easy and mega delicious Loaded Cauliflower Casserole recipe.
I’ve combined tender cauliflower coated in a creamy, cheesy sauce and packed it with crispy bacon and green onions, then baked until hot and bubbly. It’s sure to be the star of the dinner table.
Who needs potatoes when you have cauliflower?! Honestly, this keto-friendly vegetable recipe will knock your socks off and you wont even miss the taters.
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
The best part about this easy side dish recipe is that it takes only a few minutes to prep and bakes up hot and bubbly in just 20 minutes.
Here’s the basic list of ingredients that you’ll need in order to make this Loaded Cauliflower Casserole. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients located in the printable recipe card below.
- Cauliflower – fresh or frozen will work
- Cream Cheese – softened to room temperature
- Sour Cream
- Colby Jack Cheese
- Seasonings – salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
- Bacon – cooked and crumbled
- Green Onions
One bite of this creamy cauliflower casserole and you’ll think you’ve tasted a loaded baked potato.
It’s incredible how cauliflower can take on the texture of potatoes without all the added starches.
How To Make Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
This recipe comes together super quick, but is also easily prepared ahead of time, making your life that much easier.
Cut the cauliflower into bite-size pieces then steam them for about 10 minutes until they are nice and fork tender. Drain any excess moisture from them by spreading the cooked cauliflower out on some paper towels.
COMBINE CREAMY BASE
Meanwhile, to a large bowl add the room temperature cream cheese, sour cream, bacon, green onions and seasonings. Stir until the mixture is creamy and combined.
STIR IN CAULIFLOWER
Add the cauliflower and most of the cheese to the creamy base and stir until the cauliflower is mostly coated. Scoop the mixture into a greased casserole dish.
TOP WITH CHEESE AND BACON
Sprinkle the remaining cheese and bacon over the top of the creamy cauliflower casserole and bake at 400 degrees for just 20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and melty.
Recipe Tips and Variations
My easy Loaded Cauliflower Casserole recipe is great if you’re looking for a tasty vegetable side dish option that’s low-carb and keto-friendly this holiday season, but also pleasing to all taste buds.
Here are a few recipe tips and variations you can use to make this recipe suit your needs…
- Add in half broccoli and cauliflower to make it a lively and colorful dish.
- Swap out the cauliflower for cooked, diced potatoes.
- Use precooked crumbled bacon to save time prepping the recipe (I love the kind from Costco!).
- If you prefer your cauliflower to have more bite to it, steam it a little less.
Can I Use Frozen Cauliflower?
Yes! You can swap out the fresh cauliflower for frozen cauliflower.
Most frozen cauliflower comes in a bag that is steam-able in the microwave. Just follow the instructions on the bag, steam until tender and then drain any excess water from the cauliflower.
*If there is too much water left on the cauliflower it can cause your casserole to be more soupy and less cheesy.
Make Ahead Cauliflower Casserole
This recipe is great for prepping a day ahead of time, making it a breeze to just pop it in the oven when you’re ready to bake.
Simply prepare the casserole dish up until the instructions call for baking. Cover and place the casserole in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Prior to baking, remove the foil or plastic wrap and bake at 375 degrees for about 30 to 35 minutes.
PAY ATTENTION: You’ll notice that I’ve reduced the heat and increased the bake time to allow the casserole to be heated through completely while not over baking the top. If you notice your cheese on top is getting too browned, simply cover loosely with foil and continue baking until the center is hot and bubbly.
More Vegetable Casserole Recipes
Serving vegetables in the form of a casserole is literally my love language. I have a slew of delicious veggie sides that you’re sure to love…
- Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
- Zucchini and Squash Bake
- Cheesy Green Bean Casserole
- Cauliflower Au Gratin
If you’re looking for the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas, this is it! I can’t wait for you to give it a try, I know you’re going to love it.
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9"x13" casserole dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Steam the cauliflower for about 10 minutes, until it is fork tender. Drain any excess water and place cauliflower on a plate with paper towels to absorb any extra water.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, 3/4 cup of bacon and 3/4 cup of green onions in a large bowl and stir to combine. Once the mixture is smooth, add in the steamed cauliflower and 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish and spread into an even layer. Top with the remaining shredded cheese and crumbled bacon. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and melted throughout. Remove from oven and garnish with the remaining green onions and enjoy!