These quick and easy Grilled Shrimp Fajita Packets are ready in minutes with tender bell peppers and onions and perfectly seasoned shrimp!
We love to pair these yummy fajitas with my Mexican Rice and Black Beans for a complete meal. Everyone is sure to enjoy these.
This delicious recipe is in partnership with Tastefully Simple. For a 10% discount with online orders through July 1, 2021, use IWYD10 at TastefullySimple.com.
You know how much I adore quick and easy dinners, so it’s no surprise that these shrimp fajitas are ranking right up at the top!
Grilled Shrimp Fajita Packets
The thing I love most about making fajitas is that they are quick to make, and require very few ingredients. That’s especially true when you’re using Tastefully Simple® Fiesta Party Seasoning!
It’s packed with all the essential spices so with just a few quick shakes, you’re ready to go!
Ingredients Needed For Shrimp Fajitas
Here’s a basic list of the ingredients you’ll need to make these scrumptious fajitas. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients with printable instructions located in the recipe card below.
- Bell Peppers – both red and green
- Tastefully Simple® Avocado Oil
- Tastefully Simple® Fiesta Party Seasoning
- Fajita Toppings – sour cream, avocado, tomato, cheese, limes, etc.
How To Make Grilled Shrimp Fajitas
Since shrimp is a quick-cooking protein, it’s perfect for cooking everything together in a neat foil package.
The bell peppers and onions are perfectly tender in about the same time it takes for the shrimp to get cooked through.
- ARRANGE PEPPERS & ONIONS Layer your peppers and onions in the center of a sheet of foil, in a neat stack.
- SEASON SHRIMP Coat the shrimp with Avocado Oil then toss with the Fiesta Party Seasoning till they’re evenly coated.
- WRAP UP TIGHTLY Place the shrimp on top of the peppers and onions and wrap up the foil tightly, creating an enclosed packet for the fajita filling.
- GRILL Arrange the foil packets on a hot grill for 10 to 15 minutes, rotating occasionally, to ensure even cooking.
Once the shrimp fajita packets are cooked through you’ll have some excess liquid in the package from the peppers and onions. You can poke a small hole on the bottom of the packet and let it drain out into a bowl or sink.
Unwrap the foil packets and enjoy in a soft flour tortilla!
PRO TIP: You’ll notice that the foil has a shiny/reflective side, and a dull/matte side. The dull/matte side is non-stick, so be sure to place the ingredients on this side when arranging the packets.
Can I Bake Shrimp Fajitas?
Yes! If you’re not wanting to use the grill, you can easily prepare these shrimp fajita packets in the oven as well.
Simply bake at 375 degrees F. for 10 to 15 minutes, until the shrimp are cooked through.
What Can I Use In Place of Shrimp?
Shrimp is great for this recipe because it cooks super fast. That being said, if you’re not into shrimp, you could also try using small strips of chicken breast.
You’ll just need to make sure the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. before consuming.
What Else Can I Use Fiesta Party Seasoning For?
I’m loving this multi-use Tastefully Simple® Fiesta Party Seasoning for jazzing up recipes with it’s bold spices.
It’s filled with onion, salt, crushed red pepper, paprika, garlic, parsley, sugar and other spices.
Whip up these tasty Grilled Chicken Tacos, add it to my Instant Pot Refried Beans, or stir into some sour cream for a zesty dip! There are so many ways to use this delicious spice blend!
What To Serve With Shrimp Fajitas
The simple, yet fresh and tasty flavors of these shrimp fajitas are fantastic on their own, but here are a few of our favorite toppings that you can use…
- Lime Wedges
- Sour Cream
- Freshly Chopped Cilantro
- Shredded Cheese
- Sliced Avocado
- Diced Tomato
- Pico de Gallo
- Restaurant Style Salsa
More Easy Fajita Recipes To Try:
I’m a huge fan of fajitas!! Here are a few more delicious Fajita recipes you can try…
- Quick Steak Fajitas
- Easy Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken Fajita Rice Skillet
- Cheesy Chicken Fajita Bubble Up Bake
Grilled Shrimp Fajita Packets
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 lb shrimp, large, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp Tastefully Simple® Avocado Oil, divided
- 1 tbsp Tastefully Simple® Fiesta Party Seasoning
- Heat the grill over medium-high heat (about 375 degrees F).
- Cut 4 large sheets of foil and divide the bell pepper strips and onions between each sheet, making a small pile in the middle.
- In a small bowl combine the shrimp, Tastefully Simple® Avocado Oil and Tastefully Simple® Fiesta Party Seasoning and toss to coat evenly. Divide the shrimp among the pepper and onion piles and bring the long edges of the foil up and over the top, folding it over, to create a pouch. Fold up and crimp the sides, sealing everything inside.
- Grill for 10 to 15 minutes, rotating the packets every few minutes, until shrimp are cooked through and peppers are tender.* Enjoy with your favorite fajita toppings.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE:
Looks yummy! Can’t wait to try this on our next camping trip. Note about the aluminum foil shiny vs matte finish. According to Reynolds, there is no difference in the side. The reason there is a shiny and matte side happens during the milling process. However, if you buy a “Non-Stick” brand (noted on the packaging), then one side has been sprayed. But this is only on the kind you buy that state it has a non-stick side. Article: https://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/food-drinks/a60228/right-side-of-aluminum-foil/
Can I use frozen raw or frozen cooked shrimp? What did you use?
If you’re using frozen shrimp, go with the already cooked kind. I used defrosted raw shrimp.
I made your grilled shrimp fajita packets for lunch today. Instead of the grill, I cooked in my air fryer. This recipe is a keeper for sure.