Chicken Fajita Bubble Bake is a delicious weeknight dinner that’s filled with loads of flavor and made in a hurry!
Chicken Fajita Bubble Bake is tender pieces of chicken mingled with fluffy biscuits, peppers and onions in fajita seasonings. It’s everything you love about fajitas made into an easy casserole style dinner!
Sometimes I feel like a broken record when I say that I love simple and easy dinners.
BUT IT’S SO TRUE!
Who doesn’t love a good, hearty dinner that’s quick to prepare and tasty beyond words?
You may be familiar with the traditional Bubble Up Pizza, where Pillsbury biscuits are used as a crust under layers of sauce, cheese and toppings? Well, I took that classic and switched it up a bit and gave it a little southwestern flair when I made this Chicken Fajita Bubble – Up Bake!
Look at that cheese action!
This recipe is super cool in the fact that the biscuits are actually coated in a fajita seasoning, giving the dish so much more flavor than you would expect. There are even fajita peppers and onions mixed in with some tender chicken pieces.
Basically it’s a complete dinner that the whole family will love.
My whole family just devoured this tasty recipe. I loved adding little extras like sour cream, chopped cilantro and diced tomatoes, but those are optional toppings. The recipe by itself is divine.
You know you want a bite of that!!
Chicken Fajita Bubble – Up Bake
- 1 can, 7.5 oz Pillsbury™ Country Style™ refrigerated biscuits
- 1 package Old El Paso™ fajita seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into quarters; place in medium bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the fajita seasoning mix; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Heat 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add bell peppers and onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until peppers and onion blister and char slightly or until cooked to your liking. Remove peppers and onion from skillet; keep warm.
- Return same skillet to medium heat. Add oil and chicken; cook on each side until browned and no longer pink in center. Sprinkle remaining fajita seasoning mix over chicken. Add 2 tbsp water; cook and stir until sauce thickens. Return peppers and onion to skillet; stir to coat.
- Spoon chicken, peppers and onion into baking dish. Top with seasoning-coated biscuit pieces.
- Bake 20 minutes or until biscuit pieces are thoroughly baked and light golden brown. Sprinkle cheese over top; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Enjoy!
- Get the full instructions HERE
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
This is another one of the 7 ingredient recipes that I’ve created for Pillsbury.
Disclaimer: I’m proud to be a compensated Pillsbury TasteMaker. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support I Wash You Dry.