This amazing Pull Apart Monkey Bread is warm, gooey, and coated with cinnamon and sugar for an indulgent treat!
My easy Monkey Bread is made with refrigerator biscuits and baked to perfection for a beautiful breakfast or brunch. Serve with my Creamy Fresh Fruit Salad or Frittata Muffins.
If you’ve ever had cinnamon roll monkey bread, you’ve been to heaven and know how irresistible it is!
Why is it called “Monkey Bread”?
This tasty recipe was given the name Monkey Bread, simply because of the way it’s eaten, by picking ooey-gooey pieces of bread off the loaf. Very similar to how a monkey grooms it’s friend, by picking at them with their fingers.
Only this Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread recipe is way more appealing than actually picking at a monkey…
Pull Apart Monkey Bread
This is an easy recipe for monkey bread with tube biscuits, which makes it super easy to put together!
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order to whip up this tasty monkey bread recipe. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients located in the printable recipe card below.
- Pillsbury Biscuits – about 3 tubes (I love using the Flaky Layers kind)
- White Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
How To Make Pull Apart Monkey Bread
This recipe is amazing because it can feed a family and is a fantastic breakfast to make during the holidays; all without spending hours in the kitchen. Everyone loves it!
You can also make this ahead, pop it in the oven in the morning, bake and enjoy!
Start by preheating the oven, and then preparing your 9″ fluted tube pan by spraying it with non-stick baking spray. Prepare the biscuits by opening up the cans and cutting the biscuits into quarters.
In a large zip close bag, combine sugar and cinnamon. Close the bag and shake to mix together. Add in the biscuits and shake again to coat the biscuits evenly. Then transfer to prepared pan.
MAKE BUTTER MIXTURE
Combine the melted butter and brown sugar and stir until smooth. Pour the mixture over the biscuits.
BAKE MONKEY BREAD
Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes until golden brown and no longer doughy in the center. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn over onto a serving platter.
MAKE VANILLA ICING
In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and salt until it turns to a thick glaze consistency. Drizzle over the top of the monkey bread and enjoy!
PRO TIP: If the glaze is a little too thick, add a little more milk to thin the glaze.
Recipe Tips and Variations
You can easily add or swap out ingredients in this recipe to suit your needs. Here are a few recipe tips and variations to consider…
- Add peanut butter cups to the centers, just like in my Peanut Butter Blossom Monkey Bread!
- Swap out the cinnamon for orange or lemon zest for a fruity version! You can then use the fresh juice in place of the milk in the glaze.
- Raspberry Cheesecake Monkey Bread is another favorite fruity version that you’ll love! Adding a few extra ingredients like almonds and cream cheese makes it absolutely AMAZING.
Can Monkey Bread Be Prepared Ahead of Time?
Yes! The wonderful thing about this Pull Apart Monkey Bread recipe is that it is easily prepared the night before or in the morning if you wish to use it as a dessert.
Prepare the recipe as directed in the recipe card below, and do not bake. Simply refrigerate covered for up to one day, then uncover and bake as directed.
What To Serve With Monkey Bread?
This recipe for monkey bread is fantastic with fresh fruit or a little whipped cream on top.
If you’re looking for more delicious foods to serve with cinnamon roll monkey bread, here is what I would recommend…
- Fluffy Scrambled Eggs
- Baked Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
- Creamy Fresh Fruit Salad
- Overnight Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
This is a perfect addition to any brunch or even dessert table! I’m sure you’ll love it as much as we do!
Pull Apart Monkey Bread
- Fluted Tube Cake Pan
- 48 oz Pillsbury Biscuits, about 3 tubes
- 1 cup sugar, granulated
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a large fluted tube cake pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Open biscuits and separate. Cut each biscuit into quarters.
- In a large zip close bag combine 1 cup sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon. Shake to mix together. Add in the biscuits and shake to coat evenly. Place coated biscuits in the prepared pan.
- Combine the melted butter and brown sugar and stir until smooth. Pour mixture over the biscuits. Bake for 50 minutes, or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn over on serving platter.
- In a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract and salt until a thick glaze consistency. If too thick, add a little more milk to thin. Drizzle over the top of the monkey bread and enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE:
could you use the frozen biscuits in this, maybe thawed? that is the only kind we have