This was the easiest meal to throw together!
All it took was six simple ingredients to make one irresistible flauta!
Pollo Fundido is typically shredded chicken inside a flour tortilla, fried, then topped with delicious cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Simply delicious! I thought I might stick the cheddar and cream cheese on the inside, and instead of frying it, I would bake them into a sweet little roll.
Turned out A-MAZ-ING!!
Start off by combining softened cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup of diced green onion, and 1 tsp of crushed red pepper in a bowl.
Lay out a soft taco size flour tortilla and spread out 1 tablespoon of the mixture. Then lay another heaping tablespoon of shredded chicken on top.
Roll it up and place it on a greased baking sheet, seams facing down.
Spray the tops with cooking spray.
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, flip, and bake for another 7 minutes.
Pollo Fundido Flautas
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions, diced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 10 flour tortillas, soft taco size
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onions, and crushed red pepper in a bowl. Spread 1 tablespoon of mixture onto a flour tortilla, top with 1 heaping tablespoon of shredded chicken. Roll up tortilla and place on a greased baking sheet seam side down. Repeat for the remaining tortillas. Spray rolls with cooking spray. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Turn flautas over and bake for an additional 7 minutes, till browned evenly. Serve warm and enjoy!!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW