This super easy Salami Cream Cheese Ball is filled with cream cheese, diced salami, cheddar cheese and a few spices. Definitely a crowd pleaser!
I have been dreaming about this Salami Cream Cheese Ball for quite some time now. Several years ago my sister-in-law came to my house for a visit and she whipped up the most amazing cream cheese ball that was stuffed full of chopped salami and green onions. It seemed almost too simple, but when smeared on a buttery cracker??
Ohmygoshpeople… it’s heavenly!
How To Make Salami Cream Cheese Ball
With football season upon us, I knew it was the perfect time to unleash this bad boy on you.
You could roll the cheese ball in chopped walnuts like I did for this Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Ball or if you’re really adventurous, try rolling it in some chopped bacon! Yum!
I kept the nuts off because I wanted to be able to send some to school with my kids in their lunch boxes (they go to a nut-free school).
Anyways, I lurve this cream cheese ball.
I actually used this new cream cheese made with greek yogurt that I found next to the regular cream cheeses, and it’s amazing! Have you seen this? So thick and creamy! Plus the added protein is a super plus! Don’t worry though, it will work with regular cream cheese as well. 🙂
So if you’re planning on hosting a football party, a holiday party, a baby shower, a girl’s night or anything in between there, you’ll definitely want to bring along this cream cheese ball and loads of crackers (carrot sticks and sliced cucumbers work well too).
Salami Cream Cheese Ball
Salami Cream Cheese Ball is a flavorful and creamy delicious appetizer that’s filled with cream cheese, cheddar and diced salami!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 10 - 12 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
- 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1/4 lb – 1/3 lb. hard salami (I use Cervelat from the deli), cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and blend until evenly mixed. Pour cheese ball onto a sheet of plastic wrap and place another sheet of plastic wrap on top. Form the cheese into a ball (or whatever shape you want), and then chill for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with butter crackers and fresh cut veggies!
*to soften cream cheese quickly, unwrap the cream cheese and place on a microwave safe dish. Microwave each brick of cream cheese separately for just 20 seconds.
Keywords: salami, cream cheese, appetizer, easy
Originally published Sept. 2014/ Updated Jan. 2018