This Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup is the final recipe in the set of 3, from the preview of my new cookbook, Express Lane Cooking!
I love this soup guys!
It’s made in one pot and the flavors are outta this world. My kids gobble this up every time I make it. It’s especially perfect for when that Fall weather starts to creep in. I spent this last week up in Northern Utah and there were nights when the temperatures dropped into the 40’s! We all had a big bowl of this soup and it was just so comforting!
I hope you guys have enjoyed the preview of my book and got a better idea of how I turn 5 ingredients into 3 different meals!
There are 80 total recipes, and each recipe comes with a gorgeous photo, so you know exactly what you’re making. Pick it up today!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 15oz can Fire-Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups grilled corn kernels, from about 2 ears of corn
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 3 tsp cornstarch, mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- optional garnish: diced avocado, chopped cilantro
- Blend the diced tomatoes, garlic and onion powder in a blender until smooth, then pour into a large Dutch oven and cook on medium-high heat until the liquid has reduced to half, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth, chicken and corn, and then season with the cumin and chili powder. Taste the soup and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the 3 teaspoons of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water and then stir into the soup. Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Divide the tortilla strips among the serving bowls, ladle in the soup and top with cheese and any other optional garnish you desire.