These viral tiktok Big Mac Smash Burger Tacos are a fun and tasty way to cook the most amazing burger at home!
Don’t forget to top your smash burger taco with my copycat Big Mac Sauce for the ultimate effect.
I first saw these Big Mac Smash Tacos on Instagram and I knew instantly that I wanted to give them a try. Not only are they fun to make, but my whole family loved them, making it an easy choice for a quick dinner.
Big Mac Smash Burger Tacos
We’re combining the famous smash burgers with the flavors of a McDonald’s Big Mac sandwich and making it into a taco.
Yes, it’s truly the best thing ever.
Ingredients for Big Mac Tacos
No need for burger buns here, we’re using small flour tortillas to give these burgers the ultimate taco experience.
Here’s what you’ll need in order to make these Big Mac Tacos. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients in the printable recipe card below.
- Ground Beef – use a lean ground beef
- Seasoned Salt – I prefer to use Lowry’s
- Black Pepper
- Sliced Cheddar Cheese – I like sharp cheddar, but you could also use American for the classic Big Mac taste
- Small Flour Tortillas – soft taco size is perfect
- Iceberg Lettuce – finely shredded
- White Onion – finely diced
- Hamburger Pickles
- Big Mac Sauce – use my homemade recipe or store bought
How To Make Smash Burger Tacos
The method for making these Smash Burger Tacos is actually quite simple. You could get extra fancy and purchase a specialty burger press tool, but really, a flat spatula will do the trick.
FORM THE BURGER PATTIES
Start by dividing your ground beef into 8 equal size balls. Heat a large flat griddle or flat bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Once it’s nice and hot, add the ball of meat. Start with just one or two balls because they cook quite fast.
Use either a burger press or a large flat spatula to press the burger as flat as you can. You’re looking for the burger patty to be almost as large as the tortilla. Season with pepper and seasoned salt.
ADD CHEESE AND TORTILLA
After seasoning the burger, place a thin slice of cheese over the top, and cover with the tortilla. Press down on the tortilla to really smash that burger as flat as possible.
Carefully get your spatula underneath the burger patty and flip it over, so the tortilla is now on the bottom.
Allow the tortilla to get slightly crisp, while seasoning the burger patty on the top. Place another slice of cheese on top and allow to melt.
TOP WITH BIG MAC TOPPINGS
Quickly remove the smash burger taco from the grill and add the shredded iceberg lettuce, diced onion, pickles and copycat Big Mac Sauce.
Fold your Big Mac Smash Burger Taco up like an actual taco and dig in.
Talk about a fun way to enjoy your burger!
Tips and Variations
I personally think the best thing about these tacos is when the tortillas get nice and crispy from cooking on the hot griddle. They’re truly indescribable!
- Smash the burger patties as thin as possible, which makes them cook extra fast and get nice and crispy around the edges.
- Use lean ground beef for this recipe. Since you’re cooking the hamburgers directly with the tortilla, a lean ground beef will produce less fat drippings when cooked.
- I’m using sharp cheddar cheese, but you could swap that for any of your preferred flavors of cheese.
- Not a fan of pickles or onions? Leave them out!
- Use a low-carb tortilla to make this an easy keto-friendly burger hack.
Smash Burger Tacos
I’m obsessed with the idea of smash burger tacos and now want to make all sorts of variations. By swapping out the type of cheese and toppings you can make whatever your heart desires.
- Caramelized Onion Smash Tacos
- Bacon Cheddar Smash Tacos
- Breakfast Smash Tacos!
- Pizza Smash Burgers
The options are endless.
Give these tacos a try and let me know what you think. I’m truly obsessed and I think you’ll enjoy them as well.
Big Mac Smash Burger Tacos
- Burger Press or large flat spatula
- Heat a large griddle over medium high heat.
- Divide the ground beef into 8 equal portions, then place the ground beef a few inches apart on the hot griddle (you may want to start with just one or two burgers at a time).
- Use the burger press or a large flat spatula to smash the burger as flat as you can on the grill. Remove the press and season the burger with seasoned salt and pepper. Top the ground beef with a thin slice of cheese and a tortilla, then let cook for about 30 to 45 more seconds.
- Carefully slide the spatula under the burger and flip it over so the tortilla is now on the griddle. Season the burger with more salt and pepper (to taste), then top with another thin slice of cheese.
- Once the cheese is melted, remove the burger from the griddle and top with a little bit of shredded iceberg lettuce, finely chopped onion, a few pickles and as much Big Mac sauce as you like. Fold into a taco and enjoy right away!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: