This warm and cozy Ravioli Lasagna Casserole is filled with plump ravioli, Italian sausage, zucchini, mushrooms and smothered in melty mozzarella cheese.
I’ve taken the classic flavors of my Homemade Lasagna and made it even easier to serve it up to your family using frozen ravioli and jarred pasta sauce.
You can have this comforting casserole prepped and into the oven in under 20 minutes.
That means this dinner is great for meal prepping and BONUS – it freezes wonderfully too!
Easy Ravioli Lasagna Casserole
We’re using frozen, pre-made ravioli and jarred pasta sauce to make this ravioli casserole an easy weeknight meal. You can always make your own homemade sauce and homemade ravioli if desired.
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order to make this ravioli lasagna casserole. As always, you can find the full printable recipe located in the recipe card below.
- Italian Sausage – mild or hot
- Zucchini – diced or shredded
- Mushrooms – diced
- Pasta Sauce – use your favorite jar or make homemade
- Frozen Ravioli – look for ricotta cheese filled
- Italian Seasoning – my homemade blend is the best!
- Mozzarella Cheese – freshly shredded works best here
How To Make Ravioli Lasagna Casserole
You can have this casserole whipped up and ready to pop in the oven in just 20 minutes or less.
MAKE SAUCE Start by cooking the Italian sausage in a skillet until it’s browned and crumbled. Then add in the diced zucchini, mushrooms and seasonings. Let the mixture cook until fragrant and the veggies have softened. Add in the pasta sauce and simmer for just a few minutes.
LAYER RAVIOLI Layer your casserole by starting with a little bit of the sauce on the bottom of a 9×13″ casserole dish, followed by half of the frozen ravioli. Spoon half of the remaining sauce over the ravioli and then top with half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat with the remaining ravioli, sauce and cheese.
COVER AND BAKE Cover the casserole dish and bake for 60 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 15 to 20 minutes until it is bubbly throughout.
Make Ahead Options
This casserole makes quite a bit, feeding up to 12 people with just one pan! It’s great for serving to company or taking to a new mama who could use a break from preparing dinner.
You can easily prepare the casserole ahead of time, cover and refrigerate for up to 72 hours and then bake as directed.
FREEZE: You can also prepare the casserole, cover and freeze for up to 6 months. Place the casserole in the fridge for 24 hours to defrost prior to baking.
PRO TIP: Double up on the heavy duty foil if freezing to avoid any freezer burn.
Half Now / Half Later
Another great way to make this recipe ahead is to divide the casserole into two 9×9″ servings.
Prepare the whole recipe at the same time, but layer in two separate casserole dishes. Make one tonight and freeze the other for another night.
What To Serve with Ravioli
Since I’ve loaded up my ravioli casserole with diced zucchini and mushrooms I feel comfortable skipping a vegetable side dish and serving this pasta dish with some garlic bread and a Caesar Salad.
Here are some more ideas for what to serve with ravioli…
- 2 Ingredient Dough Garlic Breadsticks
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Steamed Broccoli
- Easy Tomato Bruschetta with crusty bread
More Italian-Inspired Casseroles
Craving more Italian comfort food? Here are a few more recipes that you might enjoy…
- Classic Lasagna Recipe
- Polka Dot Lasagna – made in a skillet!
- Freezer Friendly Baked Ziti
- Italian Beef and Rice Skillet
I can’t wait for you to give this delicious Ravioli Lasagna Casserole recipe a try! I know you’re going to love it!
Ravioli Lasagna Casserole
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb Italian Sausage, mild or hot
- 2 cups zucchini, diced or shredded
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 24 oz pasta sauce, jarred or homemade
- ¼ cup water
- 48 oz Ravioli, frozen, cheese filled
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x13" casserole dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Bring a large sauce pan to medium-high heat and add in oil. Cook sausage, breaking up until browned and cooked through. Add in zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, Italian seasoning and onion powder. Cook until veggies are tender. Scrape any browned bits off the bottom of pan as necessary.
- Add in the pasta sauce and ¼ cup of water. Bring sauce mixture to a simmer for just 3 to 5 minutes.
- Layer the casserole with 1 cup of sauce on the bottom. Add ½ of the frozen ravioli in an even layer, top with ½ of the remaining sauce and ½ of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers with the remaining ravioli, sauce and cheese. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 60 minutes.
- Uncover casserole and continue baking for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, until the casserole is bubbly throughout and cheese is melted in middle. If desired, turn on the top broiler and brown cheese slightly. Let the casserole rest for about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Easy to make! I made this last night for our Christmas Eve dinner. I cut the recipe in half but still baked in a 9x 13 pan. Used the same amount of marinara sauce though. Some people had commented that it needed more sauce. We enjoyed and it was not dried out. Great crowd dish!
Love this recipe and ready to try it! Where did you purchase the white baking dish with the high handles? Thanks!
I made this today. If you follow the recipe, you will need two 9×13 baking dishes. I used one 9×13 baking dish and was barley able to fit one package of Ravoli in it. I would also suggest using an extra 12 oz or so of sauce if using one 9×13.
It was delicious!
Did you cook it the full time? Was the ravioli mushy? Seems like a long time to bake when everything is pretty much cooked already.
Debbie, the ravioli is put in frozen. That would explain the long cooking time.
Mary Ellen Cook
Where do I buy that white skillet?
I got it on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/3wn3qCg
I made this recipe and it was very delicious. Guests like it very much and it looked so pretty. The only thing I would change for next time is to use a bigger casserole and to add a little more sauce. This recipe fed 10 people. Make it, it is delicious and you won’t regret it. 🙂