These cheesy and crispy Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers are filled with cream cheese and topped with crispy breadcrumbs.
Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
This recipe comes together super quickly with just a handful of basic ingredients. They cook up nice and crisp on the top thanks to the buttery panko breadcrumbs.
Ingredients for Jalapeño Poppers:
Here’s a basic list of the ingredients you’ll need in order to make this quick appetizer. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients in the recipe card below.
- Whole Jalapeños
- Cream Cheese
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Green Onions
- Panko Breadcrumbs – you can find this in the Asian aisle of the grocery store.
How To Make Jalapeño Poppers in Air Fryer
This easy appetizer recipe comes together real quick, perfect for game day!
- Start by cutting the jalapeños in half, lengthwise, and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and membranes.
- Use a sturdy spoon to mix the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onions and spices together in a small bowl and then scoop the cream cheese filling into the center of each hallowed out jalapeño.
- Combine the panko breadcrumbs and melted butter together, then dip the cheese-stuffed peppers into the crumbs to coat.
- Cook in the air fryer for just 5 to 8 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.
PRO TIP: Wear plastic gloves when cutting the jalapenos and removing the seeds, and avoid touching your eyes.
How To Make Jalapeño Poppers Ahead of Time
You don’t want to spend the whole game-night in the kitchen and miss all the action, so making these ahead of time is actually super easy to do!
- Prepare the filling
- Stuff the peppers and coat with crumbs
- Wrap with plastic wrap and place in the fridge (up to 4 days) or freezer (up to 3 months) until you’re ready to cook!
If cooking from frozen, you will need to cook a little longer, until the tops are golden brown and the filling is nice and bubbly!
Can I Add Bacon?
Bacon Jalapeño Poppers are just as irresistible as the original.
I would add cooked, crisp bacon to the cream cheese filling before stuffing each pepper for a little bit of bacon in each bite.
Recipe Video Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
Jalapeño Poppers in Oven
Don’t have an air fryer yet? No worries! These can easily be cooked in the oven as well!
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with foil and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until crisp on top!
More Jalapeño Recipes To Try
Love the kick of jalapeños and want to try something more? Here are a few of my favorite recipes…
- Cheesy Jalapeño Cheese Beer Bread
- Jalapeño Popper Deviled Eggs
- Cheesy Spinach Jalapeno Crescent Ring
- Jalapeño Ranch Chicken Sandwich
Easy Game-Day Recipes To Make
Here are a few, home-run recipes that always bring smiles to faces, and are perfect for game day!
- Easy Bruschetta
- Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
- Easy 7 Layer Dip
- Bacon Cheese Dip Party Ring
- The Best Guacamole
You’re going to LOVE these EASY Jalapeño Poppers!
Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
- 5 medium jalapeños, fresh
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp green onions, chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Use gloves or extra care when slicing the jalapeños in half, lengthwise. Use a small spoon to scoop out all the seeds and membranes, to hallow-out the jalapeño halves. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, green onions, garlic powder, salt and black pepper until fully combined. Spoon the mixture into the peppers, about 1 tbsp each pepper.
- In another small dish, combine the panko breadcrumbs and melted butter and mix to coat the crumbs evenly with the butter. Dip the cream cheese part of the pepper into the crumbs and coat evenly.
- Lay the peppers in the air fryer in an even layer and cook at 375 degrees F. for 5 to 8 minutes.*
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE