Deviled Eggs are one of those appetizers that you can take anywhere and everyone will love them.
They’re super fun to experiment with and come up with new varieties and flavors too. I’m in love with these Jalapeño Popper Deviled Eggs because they combine two of my favorites into one!
Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
I combined protein rich cream cheese, diced jalapeños, shredded cheddar cheese and a little sour cream with the egg yolks to create an ultra creamy and delicious filling for my egg whites. All the delicious dairy added to the filling makes these a protein packed appetizer that everyone can enjoy!
PRO TIP: Use this handy deviled egg carrier to bring your eggs to the party!
I even threw in a dash or two of cayenne pepper to give it even more zip!
How To Make a Crunchy Topping
Since a jalapeño popper isn’t complete without that crispy crunch on the outside, I toasted up some panko bread crumbs with some garlic powder in a little butter and then sprinkled them on top of the deviled eggs.
It adds the perfect crunch and texture!
To finish them off I simply dusted each one with a little more cayenne pepper. I don’t think deviled eggs are complete without a little red on top.
More Egg Recipes To Try
Craving more? Here are a few of our favorite eggs recipes that you’re sure to love…
- Classic Deviled Eggs
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs
- Lemon Caper Egg Salad Recipe
- Instant Pot Potato and Egg Salad
- How To Make Scrambled Eggs
If you’re looking for a fun new way to eat your deviled eggs, then try this tasty combination!
Jalapeño Popper Deviled Eggs
For the topping:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Divide each egg in half and scoop out the yolk. Place yolks in a bowl and add the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Use a fork to mash to a smooth consistency.
- Stir in the jalapeños and cheddar cheese then place mixture in a zip close bag and snip the corner of the bag off. Pipe the filling into the prepared egg whites.
To prepare the crunchy topping:
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat and add the panko bread crumbs and garlic salt. Stir until golden brown. Remove from skillet to cool. Sprinkle crumbs on top of prepared deviled eggs.
- Dust with extra cayenne pepper if desired. Keep refrigerated until ready to enjoy.