Now that you know how to hard boil an egg, you’re going to love this delicious snack.
Guacamole Deviled Eggs are a great appetizer for your St. Patrick’s Day festivities, and even a great way to use up those dyed Easter Eggs!
I love me some deviled eggs at Easter time, but I’m not always crazy about all the mayo.
Avocados are always a great substitute for mayo because they are creamy, and full of great flavor.
In a classic deviled egg, you would also add a little mustard to give it a little tangy-ness.
In these Guacamole Deviled Eggs, the use of lime juice works double time for tangy-ness and also to help keep the bright green color of the avocado.
By using Gourmet Garden’s garlic and cilantro, these Guacamole Deviled Eggs come together in no time!
I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed this variation on the classic deviled egg. They are so fresh and tasty.
To make them look fancy, you can throw the filling in a frosting bag fitted with a star tip, then pipe the filling into the empty egg white.
Or you can just scoop the filling into the egg with a spoon. Either way it’s dang good.
I even had leftover filling that I spread on top of a piece of toast… heaven.
If you’re into a bit of a kick, sprinkle on some cayenne pepper – oh mama.
But if you’re serving it to a crowd, you might want to stick with some smoked paprika to give it a beautiful color and just a little hint of smokiness.
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Guacamole Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Garlic, or 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp Cilantro, or 2 tsp finely chopped cilantro
- Smoked Paprika
- Remove egg yolks from the halved eggs and place in a small bowl. Add the ripe avocado, lime juice, salt, onion powder, garlic and cilantro.
- Use a fork to mash the guacamole mixture until smooth.
- Spoon (or use a frosting bag to pipe) the mixture into the halved eggs. Sprinkle with a dash of smoked paprika.
- Keep stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Enjoy!