This Lemon Caper Egg Salad Recipe is filled with hard boiled eggs, onion and capers in a perfectly seasoned dressing.
If you find yourself with an abundance of hardboiled eggs (after Easter), and are looking for a way to use them up (besides making The BEST Deviled Eggs) then you’re going to LOVE this egg salad recipe. The cool and creamy dressing mingled with pops of salty capers and fresh dill make this egg salad the best I’ve ever tasted.
The BEST Egg Salad Ingredients
I’ll be honest with you, when I was a kid I did NOT like egg salad. I also did NOT like capers. Oh how my tastes have changed. Now I live for those salty, briny capers and rejoice when I can add them to my egg salad!
- Hard Boiled Eggs – a great way to use up leftover dyed Easter eggs!
- Mayo – you can also use non-fat plain Greek yogurt for a healthier option
- Dijon Mustard – the dijon adds another level of zip to the creamy dressing
- Purple Onion – if you’re not a fan of the crunch of raw onion, you can use a tsp of onion powder in it’s place
- Capers – swap in diced green olives with pimento for a similar taste
- Lemon Juice – grate in a little lemon zest for an even bigger pop of lemon flavor
- Fresh Dill – I like to use fresh, but if using dried just use 1 tsp
- What are Capers? Capers are a small round flower buds that are pickled in a brine and have a strong lemony, olivey, salty taste to them. You can find them in the condiments section of your grocery store, near the olives.
How To Hard Boil Eggs
I have the BEST tutorial on how to hard boil eggs on the stovetop, complete with pictures right HERE.
Ever since I purchased an Instant Pot I only use this method for hard boiling eggs. I give directions on how to do that in THIS POST.
How Long Does Egg Salad Last?
In my opinion, Egg Salad is best when served right away. At most, I would refrigerate up to 2 days max.
How To Serve Egg Salad
There’s no wrong way to serve this delicious egg salad recipe! Here are some ideas for you to try…
- On toasted wheat bread (gives great texture to the compliment the salad)
- Over fresh salad greens with diced tomatoes
- In a herb tortilla wrap
- Between a flakey croissant
More Salad Recipes To Try
Lemon Caper Egg Salad Recipe
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and gently stir together. Keep mixture covered tightly in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Egg salad mixture can be made up to 2 days in advance. Enjoy!