Have you heard of the Totcho craze that’s going on right now? It’s a delicious fusion of Tater Tots and Nachos.
Tots + Nachos = Totchos.
With football season in full swing, this finger licking plate of Jalapeño Popper Totchos is full of crispy tater tots smothered in that delicious jalapeño popper flare.
It’s like a teenagers dream on a plate.
Want to know something that’s not such a dream?? My oven died last week. Yeah, that pretty much sucks.
Luckily it’s just the oven portion and not the stove top part so I’ve been managing to still feed my family. BUT… when it comes to making delicious recipes for my blog… well, that’s what friends are for!
I’ve been looking like a weirdo by running baking sheets of food back and forth between my house and my friend’s house two streets over. We have a new oven on order, but it looks like it will still be a few more days before it comes. I’m slowly dying on the inside. You never know how much you appreciate these things until they are gone!
When I got back from my friend’s house with these piping hot tater tots I quickly pulled together these Jalapeño Popper Totchos, then buried my face in them even quicker.
The crispy tater tots are smothered in a kicked-up cheese sauce and topped with a creamy sour cream sauce. Bacon had to be added, of course, followed by green onions and thinly sliced jalapeños. It’s just dreamy.
Definitely takes my mind off the fact that my oven is broken.
Oh, and it’s great for football watching too. 😉
Jalapeño Popper Totchos
- 1 tater tots
- 16 oz Velveeta cheese
- 4 oz green chilies
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- Heat the tater tots according to package instructions.
- In a small saucepan combine the Velveeta cheese with the diced green chilies (including the juices) and stir over medium heat until smooth and melted.
- Place the cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir in the sour cream and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Assemble your Totchos! Place the crispy tater tots on bottom, followed by the cheese sauce, sour cream mixture, sliced green onions, thinly sliced jalapeños, and crumbled bacon. Serve immediately, and enjoy!
More delicious snacks you might enjoy!