This loaded Macho Nachos Recipe is layered with crispy tortilla chips, zesty chili and two types of cheese, then baked until melted and bubbly.
These easy nachos are perfect for game day, Father’s Day, any sort of party, easy weeknight dinners or a fun weekend snack!
Nachos are one of our weekend favorites here in this house.
We have a tradition of making them after Church on Sundays… everyone gathers around the table to devour them.
Ultimate Macho Nachos Recipe
This recipe is really simple, and doesn’t require a lot of prep work. However, you do want to pay attention to the types of cheese you use.
Ingredients Needed To Make Nachos
Here’s a basic list of the ingredients you’ll need in order to make these ULTIMATE nachos. As always, you can find the full, printable list in the recipe card below.
- Crispy Corn Tortilla Chips – I prefer corn tortilla chips as they’re a little more hearty
- Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Shredded PepperJack Cheese
- Chili – use store bought or try my homemade recipe!
- Nacho Toppings
- Sour Cream
- Dice Tomato
- Sliced Olives
- Sliced Jalapeños
- Diced Green Onions
- Diced Avocado
How To Make Nachos:
There are two simple ways to make baked nachos… you can either layer the chips, cheese and chili in a cast-iron skillet, or spread it all out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
We use either method, but to make these ULTIMATE MACHO NACHOS, I like to pile them up with layers and layers of cheese and chili.
- Start by layering a few handfuls of chips in the bottom of a skillet.
- Next, top with freshly shredded cheese and half of the chili.
- Repeat the layers of chips, cheese and chili.
- Finally, bake in a hot oven until nice and bubbly (just 10 minutes)
- Top with your favorite nacho toppings and enjoy!
What Cheese Is Best For Nachos?
When it comes to baked nachos, you want to work with cheese that has a good melt to it, like Mild Cheddar Cheese, Monterey Jack, or Pepper Jack Cheese.
PRO TIP: For best results, buy the blocks of cheese and shred it yourself. Pre-shredded cheeses usually have a coating that prevents even melting.
How To Make Nachos Better
Take your nachos to the next level by adding in seasoned Taco Meat, cooked fajita peppers and onions, or diced grilled chicken.
Enjoy the nachos right away, don’t wait too long or the cheese won’t be as melty.
Using YOUR favorite toppings will make these perfect for you.
Is It Better To Bake or Broil Nachos?
It’s BEST to BAKE Nachos.
Baking your nachos at a moderately high heat will allow the cheese to melt nice and evenly, creating a gooey, melty cheese.
Broiling the cheese will create a crisp cheese on top, not idea for nachos.
What To Serve With Nachos
I highly recommend my Homemade Restaurant Style Salsa (just a few minutes to make) to go along with these Ultimate Macho Nachos Recipe.
Here are a few more dips you can serve with nachos…
More Game Day Snack Recipes
Craving more snacks that are worthy of the big game? I’ve got you covered with these tasty recipes…
- 7 Layer Dip
- Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers
- Crispy Baked Chicken Taquitos
- Oven Baked Chicken Wings
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
I can’t wait for you to try these ULTIMATE Macho Nachos with their glorious layers of crunch and melty goodness.
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST| TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
- 6-8 large handfuls of corn tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 15 oz chili , canned or homemade, warmed or room temp
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup sliced, pickled jalapeños
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, diced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In an oven safe pan or baking sheet lay half of the chips, then top with half the can of chili, 1/2 of the cheddar cheese, and 1/2 of the pepper jack cheese. Repeat the layering; chips, chili, cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and gooey.
- Quickly top with the black olives, jalapeños, diced tomato, sour cream, and green onions. Serve hot with a side of salsa. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: