Father’s Day is all about showing the dad’s in your life how much you appreciate all they do.
What better way to say “Thanks!” than with Man Food?
Not just any Man Food, I’m thinking a big pile of hot, gooey, cheesy, layered Macho Nachos.
Oh yeah, daddy!
My husband loves Macho Nachos.
Heck, I love Macho Nachos.
The way to a man’s heart is definitely through food. My husband is not into all the fillers of Father’s Day, like neck ties, socks, and what not. I did however, help my kids create something with some popsicle sticks… I can’t help it.
A couple month’s ago I saw the cutest idea on Pinterest (of course). I never actually clicked to the sight, so I’m not sure who to attribute this great idea to, but it was a picture of 4 kids sitting on the ground with “We “heart” Daddy” written on their feet.
I have 4 kids, I figured this would be a fun project, and we could frame a cute photo and give it to their dad….
Yeah, didn’t realize how difficult it would be to get 4 kids to sit down all at the same time….
By this point I was ready to give up.
Then I decided to bribe them with popsicles…
This was as good as it was going to get. I can’t decide which one to print. I think I like the one where non of them are looking at the camera, but I really wish there weren’t any popsicles… Sigh…
I’ll probably get one of those unfinished wooden frames and let the kids decorate it.
He’ll love it.
He’ll also love these multi-layered Macho Nachos and a big frosty mug of Mountain Dew.
We know how to spoil dad in our house.
This is more like a family size portion of nachos, but you can scale it down or up to however much you need. By layering the chips with cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, and chili, you’re sure to get a loaded chip in every bite.
The toppings are of course optional, I just threw on some of the basics. Feel free to jazz it up with whatever floats your boat.
Gotta love the man food.
A big pile of hot, gooey, cheesy, layered Macho Nachos.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 6-8 large handfuls of corn tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 oz) can of chili (your favorite brand works)
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup sliced, pickled jalapeños
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In an oven safe pan or baking sheet lay half of the chips, then top with half the can of chili, 1/2 of the cheddar cheese, and 1/2 of the pepper jack cheese. Repeat the layering; chips, chili, cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and gooey.
- Quickly top with the black olives, jalapeños, diced tomato, sour cream, and green onions. Serve hot with a side of salsa. Enjoy!