This warm and Cheesy Spinach Jalapeño Crescent Ring is a perfect appetizer for parties!
Heck, I’d eat it for lunch too!
I’m so excited about Super Bowl season!!!!
It’s a season, right?
Let’s just go with it.
As you can tell by my vast collection of appetizer recipes, I’m a fan of all things in bite-sized portions.
I especially love easy recipes like this one. So quick and easy that I can whip it up right before friends come over and we can all enjoy the deliciousness together.
Cheesy Spinach Jalapeno Crescent Ring
- The filling is a mixture of cream cheese, a little ricotta cheese, a healthy dose of spinach and a little bit of pickled jalapeños.
- I used frozen spinach for this recipe that’s been thawed and then squeezed dry of liquid.
- If you would prefer to use fresh spinach, just wilt it down in a skillet until you have a little over 1 cup of cooked spinach (after it’s been squeezed dry).
This recipe calls for pickled jalapenos, which I think give it a nice kick of heat and add great flavor.
You’ll just want to make sure you pat them dry before dicing, that way the filling doesn’t get too runny.
How to Assemble an Appetizer Crescent Ring:
- Start by laying out triangles of Pillsbury crescent dough on a baking sheet.
- The short flat edge of the triangle will go towards the center of the baking sheet, with the long pointed edge facing out.
- When it’s all laid out it should resemble a sun.
- Place the filling in a ring around the base of the sun and bring the pointed edges of the crescent dough up and over, tucking in under the filling.
- Leave some of the filling visible between the overlapping for a pretty effect.
Once the ring is baked let it sit for a few minutes before slicing and enjoying.
You can easily adapt this recipe to your liking!
- Leave out the jalapenos and try subbing in some finely diced artichoke hearts.
- Toss in some diced grilled chicken for a deliciously creamy sandwich!
- Instead of forming a ring, try stuffing into calzones or using the filling for topping mini pizzas!
I’m certain you’re going to love this super quick and easy appetizer recipe!Print
Cheesy Spinach Jalapeno Crescent Ring
This quick and easy Cheesy Spinach Jalapeno Crescent Ring is sure to be a winning appetizer at your next party!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 9 oz. package frozen chopped spinach
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 6 oz. shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/3 cup diced pickled jalapeños, drained and patted dry
- 2 tubes Pillsbury crescent dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare the spinach in the microwave according to package instructions, then drain and squeeze as much moisture out of it as you can with paper towels.
- Combine the cream cheese and ricotta cheese in a large bowl and use an electric mixer to combine. Add the spinach, cheese and jalapeños and mix to combine.
- Open the tubes of crescent dough and separate into triangles. On ungreased large cookie sheet, arrange triangles in ring so short sides of triangles form a 3-inch circle in center. (Dough will overlap; half of each triangle will hang over edges of cookie sheet. Dough ring should look like a sun.)
- Spoon the spinach mixture on the half of each triangle closest to center of ring.
- Bring each dough triangle hanging over side of pan up over filling, tucking dough under bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around ring until entire filling is enclosed (some filling might show a little).
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the dough is fully cooked and golden brown. Let cool slightly before slicing and serving warm. Enjoy!
Recipe inspired by Pillsbury
Keywords: cheese, spinach, jalapeno, crescent rolls, bread ring, cream cheese, ricotta cheese