There’s something about these Super Easy Grilled Fish Tacos with White Sauce that magically transports you to the beaches of Cabo San Lucas with just one bite.
They’re fresh, bright, and the perfect easy meal to push away those winter blues.
Being the mother of 3 girls and one boy, I promise you there is never a dull moment in this house. The bathroom mirror is constantly on high demand. My oldest girl is just 9 years old and she’s already requesting a training bra, for which I see no need, but “her friend’s have one,” and I get that. Heaven knows I didn’t need one till I was 15, but started wearing one at 10.
Luckily she hasn’t showed much interest in boys yet.
My second oldest happens to be my boy. He’s just 6 years old and quietly goes about his day with a charismatic charm, much like his father.
He’s pretty cool, if I do say so myself. Smart, very athletic (snowboards like a champ), and he’s super funny. Total package.
Needless to say he’s a highly sought-after commodity amongst the 1st grade girls.
The other night while we were reading a book in his room he whispered to me, “Can I tell you a secret, Mom?”
“Sure!” I said, not knowing what I was getting myself into…
“Me and Shayla like each other.”
My whole world flipped upside down.
And not in the ‘Fresh Prince of BelAir’ kind of way.
How did I not see this coming?!? He’s only 6, for crying out loud!
My motherly instincts want to kick in and lock him up in his room forever. Buuuut… I also think it’s cute and remember when I first liked a boy in 2nd grade.
When I picked him up from school yesterday I saw his little girlfriend, she’s the cutest and sweetest little girl, but for some reason I want to run up to her, push her down in the snow and claim my son as “MINE!”…
That beach in Mexico is looking better and better by the day. Especially if these tasty tacos are included.
Escape into paradise with these tender grilled fish tacos. The tangy white sauce has just a touch of heat for the perfect balance of bright and bold to compliment the flaky fish with cool, crisp cabbage on top.
Basically, get these in your mouth – stat!
Super Easy Grilled Fish Tacos with White Sauce
- 2 fish fillets, basa or tilapia will work
- 1 lime, juice of
- Salt and pepper
- Chili Powder
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 6 to 8 corn tortillas, prepared according to package directions
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup light mayo
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp tabasco sauce
- Cut your white fish into small pieces (about 1 inch wide by 3 inches long). Drizzle the juice of 1 lime all over the fish then season with salt, pepper and chili powder to your liking. Let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the white sauce by combining all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set in fridge until ready to use.
- Heat up your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat and brush with the canola oil to prevent sticking. When the grill or pan is hot, reduce heat to medium and cook fish for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until fully cooked. Fish should flake easily.
- Place grilled fish onto prepared corn tortilla, add some white sauce, shredded cabbage, diced tomato, and chopped cilantro. Serve with a lime wedge on the side. Enjoy!