There’s something about these Super Easy Grilled Fish Tacos with White Sauce that magically transports you to the beaches of Cabo San Lucas with just one bite.
If you’re not into the crispy, beer battered fish tacos, but would rather keep it light and fresh, these grilled fish tacos are for you.
Easy Grilled Fish Tacos Recipe
When the weather is nice, use your grill to get outside and enjoy a meal. You’ll love how quickly this recipe comes together.
Ingredients Needed For Grilled Fish Tacos
Here’s a basic list of the ingredients you’ll need in order to make these simple fish tacos on the grill. As always, you can find the full printable recipe located in the recipe card below.
- White Fish Fillets – cod, tilapia, flounder, sole, halibut, snapper, catfish, haddock, or grouper
- Lime Juice
- Chili Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Tomatoes – or pico de gallo
- Corn Tortillas – grill them for the best flavor!
Ingredients For White Sauce
It’s that creamy, tangy and slightly spiced white sauce that makes the flakey grilled fish really sing. Here’s what you’ll need…
- Sour Cream
- Lime Juice
- Hot Sauce
That’s it! This sauce really takes your fish tacos to the next level.
How To Make Grilled Fish Tacos
When looking for the perfect filet of white fish, try to find something that’s a little thicker and more hearty for the grill. Also, make sure to remove any bones before grilling.
- SEASON FISH Simply squeeze lime juice all over the fish, season with salt, pepper and chili powder.
- GRILL Coat your grill with oil to prevent sticking, then grill over medium heat until the fish is nice and flakey.
- MAKE WHITE SAUCE Meanwhile whisk together your white sauce ingredients and set aside.
- ASSEMBLE FISH TACOS Place your grilled fish in a corn tortilla and top with cabbage, tomatoes and cilantro then drizzle on the white sauce!
How easy is that?! You’ll be making these grilled fish tacos all the time!
What To Serve With Fish Tacos?
Here are a few of our favorite side dishes to serve with these grilled fish tacos…
- The Best Black Beans
- Creamy Mexican Corn Salad
- Chips and Restaurant Style Salsa
- Creamy Coleslaw
- Plenty of Limes!
More Tempting Taco Recipes To Try…
Craving more of those delicious tacos? I’ve got you covered with these amazing recipes…
Escape into paradise with these tender grilled fish tacos. The tangy white sauce has just a touch of heat for the perfect balance of bright and bold to compliment the flaky fish with cool, crisp cabbage on top.
Basically, get these in your mouth – stat!
Super Easy Grilled Fish Tacos with White Sauce
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp tabasco sauce
- cabbage, shredded
- pico de gallo
- cilantro, chopped
- Cut your white fish into small pieces (about 1 inch wide by 3 inches long). Drizzle the juice of 1 lime all over the fish then season with salt, pepper and chili powder to your liking. Let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the white sauce by combining all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set in fridge until ready to use.
- Heat up your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat and brush with the canola oil to prevent sticking. When the grill or pan is hot, reduce heat to medium and cook fish for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until fully cooked. Fish should flake easily.
- Place grilled fish onto prepared corn tortilla, add some white sauce, shredded cabbage, pico de gallo, and chopped cilantro. Serve with a lime wedge on the side. Enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW