Creamy, tangy, and full of flavor, this Creamy Dill Dressing recipe will become the star of all your future salads.
This creamy dressing can be served atop these Rainbow Roasted Vegetables and Easy Baked Salmon. The choices don’t end there! You can use this creamy dill sauce on sandwiches and as a fab dip for fresh veggie sticks or Crispy Chicken Tenders—and, of course, on top of a big green salad full of your favorite raw veggies!
Whether you’re looking for a flavorful dressing that still leans on the healthy side or just looking to spice up your salads, you can never go wrong with homemade salad dressings.
Creamy Dill Salad Dressing
You’re going to love the fresh dill in this wonderfully creamy dressing. It’s perfect for any summer salad.
Ingredients For Dill Salad Dressing
Here’s what’s you’ll need in order to whip up this creamy and herb-filled salad dressing. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients located in the printable recipe card below.
- Buttermilk: Provides tang and body to the dressing.
- Mayo: I’m using Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil, but whatever you like best is great!
- Lemon: Freshly squeezed lemon juice is best.
- Dill: The fresher, the better!
- Salt and Pepper: A little salt and black pepper go a long way.
How to Make Creamy Dill Dressing
By the time you’ve prepped your ingredients, you’ve done 99% of the job! This creates the creamiest dill dressing in less than ten minutes.
Mise en place
Measure out the buttermilk and mayo, juice your lemons, and chop (or snip!) that fresh dill.
Combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth and creamy.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Since there are so few ingredients in this dressing, make sure you taste and season with extra salt and pepper if needed.
The fresh dill and lemon will bloom in the mayo and buttermilk over time, making it a stronger flavor as it sits.
Mix It Up
The magic of homemade salad dressings is that you can customize them easily with just a few simple ingredients!
- Add more nuanced by finely dicing cucumbers before combing. This will give a delicious tzatziki-Inspired cucumber dill dressing!
- Garlic lover? Add minced garlic or garlic powder before whisking.
- Not a big mayo fan? Swap it with sour cream or plain yogurt for a similar texture and flavor profile.
- Add a dash of onion powder or diced red onion for more flavor.
How long does homemade dressing keep?
Dairy-based sauces and dressings like this can last up to a week if stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
I love using this salad dressing container for easy mixing and serving.
What does Creamy Dill Dressing taste like?
This dressing is bright and tangy with a flavor similar to a light ranch dressing.
Is Creamy Dill Dressing healthy?
Hey, everything in moderation, right? Dill weed is high in antioxidants, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and more. Buttermilk is an excellent source of protein while providing healthy fats. Plus, you’re getting the added benefits of leafy greens, vegetables, and protein from the salad you’re eating with it.
What to Serve With Creamy Dill Dressing
A dipping sauce this good goes with (practically) everything! Try it with some of my favorite recipes.
- Chick Fil A Chicken Nuggets
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- Easy Air Fryer Potatoes
Try this out next time you’re hankering for a big salad and let me know how it goes!
Creamy Dill Dressing
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup mayo, I use the Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp freshly snipped dill
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.