This recipe for how to make Air Fryer Bacon is so easy! The bacon is perfectly cooked, crispy, and it’s easier than frying on a stove top (less mess)!
It is so easy to learn how to cook bacon in an air fryer! It takes less than 10 minutes.
Also, a HUGE bonus, minimal cleanup or grease splashing all over the stove or in the oven!
Air Fryer Bacon
If you’re a fan of Air Fryer Recipes, you’ll love the air fryer method. It takes literally half the time as making bacon on the stove top or in the oven, which is handy when you’re making a Creamy BLT Pasta Salad or Bacon Mac and Cheese.
Bacon – You can use thick cut or regular cut bacon for this recipe.
Note: You can also use Turkey Bacon with no changes to the cooking time.
How To Make Air Fryer Bacon
I’ll walk you through the process of how to cook both regular-cut bacon and thick-cut bacon.
WHAT AIR FRYER DO I USE?
I often get asked about my preferred air fryer. I love this Gourmia 7 quart Air Fryer because you can pick it up at Costco for super cheap. It works great and cleans up nicely.
Place In Air Fryer
Place the bacon strips in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cut strips in half if needed to fit in the basket properly.
Air Fry Bacon
For the regular bacon cook at 350 degrees F. for 7-9 minutes, or until desired crispiness has been reached.
For the thick cut bacon, cook at 350 degrees F. for 10-12 minutes, or until desired crispiness has been reached.
Transfer the cooked bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Discard any bacon drippings between batches of cooking.
PRO TIP: I like to save my bacon grease in a glass mason jar in the fridge to use for cooking. Do not discard bacon grease down the sink drain!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to flip the bacon?
There is no need to turn the bacon halfway through since the air circulates in the air fryer.
Is baking spray needed to air fry bacon?
No, there is no need to add extra oil to the air fryer before cooking the bacon.
How long does it take bacon to air fry?
It depends on the thickness of the bacon, and how crispy you want your bacon. 7-9 minutes for regular, and 10-12 minutes is for medium crispy bacon.
You can always check the bacon to make sure it’s cooking to your desired crispiness.
Tips For Cooking Bacon in Air Fryer
- Make sure not to overcrowd the pan with too many slices. Generally, a 12 oz package of bacon can be done in about 2 batches, depending on the model of the air fryer.
- Cook at 350 degrees F. to prevent bacon smoking. The smoke point of bacon grease is 400 degrees, so by cooking at a lower temperature, you get all of the lovely bacon smell and none of the smoke!
- Do not preheat the air fryer. There is no need to preheat for this recipe, and it might overcook or burn your bacon.
- Discard the grease in between batches. And wipe with a clean paper towel. Any grease splattering onto the heating element can cause smoke, so wiping it down between batches will help prevent bacon smoking as well.
How To Store
- Refrigerate bacon strips in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat leftovers in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for a minute or so until heated through and crispy.
- Freeze cooked bacon strips in a freezer-safe container or zip-close bag for up to 3 months.
Ways To Use Bacon
If you need MORE reasons to learn how to cook bacon in an air fryer, I have some for you!
- Bacon Cheese Dip Party Ring
- Pesto Bacon Guacamole
- Turkey Bacon Avocado Sandwich
- Cheesy Bacon Artichoke Dip
Air Fryer Bacon
- 6 slices bacon, regular or thick cut*
- Place bacon strip in air fryer basket in a single layer. Cut strips in half if needed to fit properly.
- AIR FRY REGULAR CUT BACON: Cook at 350 degrees F. for 7 to 9 minutes, or until desired crispiness has been reached.AIR FRY THICK CUT BACON: Cook at 350 degrees F. for 10 to 12 minutes, or until desired crispiness has been reached.
- Transfer cooked bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Discard any bacon drippings between batches of cooking.*