So I have taken a little bird under my wing, and her name is Sara. She’s actually my youngest (age 22… she’s a baby) sister-in-law, to teach her the ins and outs of blogging. She is super awesome in the kitchen and I’ve invited her here today to share her first recipe with you guys! I helped her whip up this amazing Pesto Bacon Guacamole, and I think you guys are going to be totally impressed with the guac and with Sara.
Please give her a warm welcome!
Hi Friends! I’m so excited to share this recipe with you!
The story behind this recipe is pretty normal. I usually have my best ideas under a little, but not too much pressure. This little brain baby came from a guacamole contest for a monthly employee meeting at work, and the winner of said contest would receive a gift card (woot!). Now usually, they have a drawing of some sort at these meetings. Since I never win things by chance (for reals, who does?), I decided to take matters into my own hands with this guac contest. The judges of the contest were the administration, a bunch of men types. So I thought, men like bacon. That ruled out fruity guacamole.
I also thought a tad of basil pesto would be a nice touch. It was amazing! And…….I won the contest! It was fun to make again for this post. And even more fun to take pictures of! And even MORE fun to eat!
This is a very simple recipe, but people go nuts over this guacamole. The pesto makes it so much better! And hey. The BACON.
It was hard not to sneak bites during the shoot. I salute all of the food bloggers out there. Especially my sister-in-law for letting me be a guest here! Thanks for letting me share, and thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy this delicious Pesto Bacon Guacamole!
Pesto Bacon Guacamole
- 4 California Avocado, divided
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup basil pesto, prepared
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Peel and mash 3 of the avocados in large bowl.
- Add the tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice, basil pesto, garlic powder and salt to the bowl and stir to combine. Add more lime juice or salt to taste.
- Dice the remaining avocado and fold it, along with the crumbled bacon, into the bowl of guacamole. Enjoy!