This Cobbocado Guacamole is a chunky guacamole cobb salad fusion that is simply irresistible.
My friend Stefanie from Sarcastic Cooking is out of town enjoying some vacation time so I am posting over there today…and here…
Yeah, I’m so talented.
For her blog I created a Creamy Crab Wonton Party Dip. It’s basically those yummy crunchy fried wontons stuffed with a creamy crab filling turned dip style. Except instead of frying, I baked. So glorious! I encourage you to go check it out.
But before you do… I have some tasty guacamole to share with you!
Last week I shared with you my creepy post about me going all the way to Park City, Utah for EVO Conference. But do you remember when I told you all about the guacamole challenge?
We had a quick-fire challenge where in a team we had to create a unique guacamole by picking from a whole table of random ingredients. The first thing I spotted was the diced hard boiled eggs.
Yeah, I don’t know where I was going with that either…
Except they wouldn’t leave my mind, so I thought we could take all the elements of a Cobb Salad and turn them into a fun guacamole!
Fast forward to present time, and a few of us from that fun workshop just can’t get avocados off our brains. Can you blame us?
We decided to re create our recipes and share them with you.
This time, since I had control over my ingredients I added a few things we didn’t have in Park City.
The addition of crumbled blue cheese sends this guacamole over the top. It gives it the perfect contrast in flavors.
Of course the bacon is exceptional.
When I was telling my husband the list of ingredients, he stopped me when I got to bacon and said, “yes, this will be good.”
I mixed up a classic Cobb Salad dressing to mix in with the Avocados and gave it a little tweek by adding some chopped cilantro.
The dressing is a combination of Dijon Mustard with Red Wine Vinegar. It’s incredible. When it’s mixed in with the avocados you get a distinct sharp aromatic flavor, but it’s not too overpowering, it’s just right.
Once the Guacamole base is all mixed up, it’s just a matter of layering the remaining ingredients on top in classic Cobb form.
The best part is digging your chip right in and getting a little bit of all the flavors at once.
If you think this looks good, you should check out all the other ladies who recreated their dish as well!
We are all linking up so you can get Avocado inspired. We’re calling it “Guac Fest 2012”
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1 egg, hard boiled, peeled and diced
- 2 strips of crisp cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 tsp fresh chopped chives
- Cut avocados in half and set one half to the side for dicing later.
- Place the 3 halves in a bowl and use a fork to mash.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together the Dijon Mustard, Red Wine Vinegar, and the salt and pepper. Drizzle into the mashed avocado and add the cilantro. Stir till evenly combined.
- Place the avocado mixture on a plate and add the remaining ingredients on top in little lines. Sprinkle with the chives.
- Eat with tortilla chips and enjoy.