Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas are quick, easy, and healthy. Made with tasty shrimp, bell peppers, onions, and a homemade fajita seasoning blend.
We like to eat this meal with some Homemade Tortillas, or bowl style on a bed Cilantro Lime Rice! Either way, you can’t go wrong. It’s savory and delicious, with the perfect blend of spices!
Baked Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
This is a sheet pan dinner that is SO flavorful but super simple to make! It’s also healthy, packed full of vegetables like vibrant bell peppers and onions. They also have shrimp, the lovely lean protein that completes this easy 30 minute dinner. Add in a splash of lime and cilantro to brighten it up and it’s perfect.
The vegetables bake at the same rate as the shrimp (as long as they are large shrimp!), and everything is baked in a single layer on the sheet pan to tender perfection.
Here’s a list of the main ingredients you’ll need to make the fajitas and the homemade fajita seasoning. You’ll find the complete list with measurements below in the printable recipe.
- Large or Jumbo Shrimp – deveined, tail off, raw
- Bell Peppers – variety of colors
- Onion – yellow or white
- Olive Oil
- Lime Juice
- Garlic – minced
- Toppings: sour cream, avocado, limes, salsa, shredded cheese & lettuce
Homemade Fajita Seasoning
This right here. This is the secret to the most amazing shrimp fajitas. Full of flavor, not too much salt, and just enough pepper.
- Chili Powder
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make Sheet Pan Fajitas
Sheet Pan Fajitas are fresh and vibrant, and so easy to customize with a few easy modifications.
The chili powder, cumin, and paprika add the depth and recognizable latin flavors we know and love.
PREP INGREDIENTS Wash, de-seed, and slice the bell peppers and yellow onion into thin strips, no more than 1/4 inch wide.
ASSEMBLE On a sheet pan prepared with cooking spray, lay the bell peppers and onions in an even layer, saving room for the shrimp. Sprinkle olive oil over vegetables and shrimp to coat, then toss shrimp in minced garlic.
ADD SPICES In a small bowl combine cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Sprinkle evenly over vegetables and shrimp and toss to coat. Spritz with juice of one lime.
BAKE For 13-15 minutes at 400 F, stirring vegetables and shrimp halfway through baking. Vegetables should be tender to the bite but not mushy. Sprinkle with juice (and zest, optional) of other lime.
SERVE With flour tortillas, avocados, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, shredded lettuce, and cheese.
PRO TIP Use large or jumbo shrimp, this helps prevent the shrimp from overcooking.
What to Serve with Shrimp Fajitas
There are so many options to choose from! Here are a few of our tried and true, go-to recipes.
- Easy Mexican Rice – This is a flavorful and protein filled addition to your fajitas!
- Best Classic Guacamole Recipe – How can you NOT have guac? It goes with fajitas every day all day.
- Easy Pico de Gallo Salsa – One of our favorites on Fajita night!
How to Store and Reheat
The great news about shrimp fajita leftovers is that they are easily stored and reheated!
TO STORE Transfer to airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
TO REHEAT Microwave for 1-2 minutes until warmed through.
More Easy Shrimp Recipes
Need more shrimp recipe ideas? I have a few delicious ones for you!
- Cheesy Shrimp and Grits
- Shrimp Scampi Zucchini Pasta
- Instant Pot Shrimp Boil Recipe
- Shrimp Pasta Salad
I hope you enjoy this AMAZING shrimp dinner recipe as much as we do!
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- 1 lb Large or Jumbo Shrimp, peeled, de-veined, tail off, thawed and rinsed
- 3 medium bell peppers, varied colors, sliced into thin strips
- 1 large onion, sliced into thin strips
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 limes, juice of
- 8 small flour tortillas
- Sour Cream
- Avocado, sliced
- Limes, cut into wedges
- Shredded Cheese
- Shredded Lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400° F. On a sheet pan prepared with cooking spray, spread the shrimp, sliced bell peppers and onions in an even layer.
- Sprinkle shrimp and vegetables with olive oil and toss to coat evenly.
- Mix minced garlic into shrimp. In a small bowl combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Sprinkle evely over shrimp and vegetables and toss to coat.
- Squeeze juice of one lime over shrimp and vegetables.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, then remove to flip shrimp and vegetables. Return to oven and bake for another 7 minutes to total 15 minutes baking or until vegetables are tender to bite.
- Squeeze juice of remaining lime over baked shrimp fajitas and serve with flour tortillas and additional fajita toppings.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE:
Leave a Reply