These One Hour Ranch Dinner Rolls are perfect for entertaining this holiday season! They’re super quick to make and who doesn’t love a freshly baked homemade roll?!
So what sets these easy dinner rolls apart from the rest? I’ve infused the dough with Hidden Valley® Ranch Dip Mix! I teamed up with Hidden Valley and Glad® Press’n Seal to create an amazing holiday recipe that is perfect for entertaining.
I immediately thought of Dinner Rolls!
We serve homemade rolls with dinner, use them to make leftover ham sandwiches, they’re perfect for gifting and who doesn’t love carbs during the holidays?!
I picked up a slew of these Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mixes at Walmart (located in the dressing isle) and couldn’t wait to try all the flavor options inside these classic rolls!
I worked really hard to perfect this recipe, and I KNOW you’re going to have a major success with it too!
How to Make One Hour Dinner Rolls:
You’ll want to start out by using a rapid rise yeast for this recipe. This is what makes it possible to have fluffy rolls in just one hour!
Combine warm water (about 110 degrees), sugar and yeast in the bowl of your mixer and let it “proof” for 5 minutes. The mixture should begin to foam or bubble, indicating that the yeast is activating.
What happens if my yeast doesn’t activate?
- If you’re finding that your yeast is not activating, you’ll want to start over with new yeast.
- Make sure your yeast is not old and expired.
- Double check that the temperature of the water isn’t too hot, as this will kill the yeast.
Once your yeast mixture is ready, you’ll add in your flour, butter, salt and Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix.
I made these rolls using the Bacon Ranch, Chive and Onion and the Greek Yogurt Dip Mix. All of them had amazing flavor profiles. The ranch flavoring doesn’t overpower the rolls, but gives it a nice herby flavor.
One of my biggest pet-peeves when working with flour or powdered sugar in my stand mixer is when flour or sugar flies out of my bowl when I turn on my mixer!
I came up with a genius hack that will solve this problem and it doesn’t cost a fortune!
Simply wrap the outside of the bowl and mixer with a sheet of Glad Press’n Seal and you’re set!
Bonus – you can also reuse it to cover the bowl of bread dough when it’s rising!
How do I know if my dough is ready?
- When you’re mixing the dough, start with 3 cups of flour and add 1/4 cup more at a time until the dough starts to pull away from the edges of the bowl. You shouldn’t use more than 4 cups.
- The dough should be slightly tacky to the touch, but not stick to your fingers.
- Cover the dough and place in a warm area for 15 to 20 minutes, or until about double in size.
Once your dough has risen, gently punch it down and shape divide the dough into 12 equal size balls and place in a lightly greased baking dish.
Let the dough rise again for just 15 minutes before popping in the oven to bake.
Let your rolls get a nice golden brown on top, then brush with butter as soon as they come out.
One Hour Ranch Dinner Rolls
You can see little flecks of herbs and seasoning throughout the fluffy rolls.
These rolls are perfect for serving with dinner or using to make leftover ham sandwiches!
Check out Walmart.com here for more delicious recipes using Hidden Valley Ranch.Print
One Hour Ranch Dinner Rolls
These warm and soft One Hour Ranch Dinner Rolls are light and fluffy on the inside with a delicious herb flavor throughout!
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (about 110 degrees F)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp rapid rise yeast
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 (0.9oz) package Hidden Valley® Ranch Dip Mix (about 2 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- Combine the warm water and sugar in the bowl of your stand mixer until the sugar is dissolved, then sprinkle the top of the water with the yeast. Let this mixture proof (let the yeast activate) for 5 minutes.
- Add in the softened butter, 3 cups of flour, salt and Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix. Use your dough hook in your stand mixer to combine, adding an additional 1/4 cup of flour at a time, until the dough begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl. Let the mixer knead the dough for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm spot for 20 minutes. Punch down dough and shape into 12 equal size balls and place in a lightly greased 9×13 baking pan. Cover and let rise an additional 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until tops are golden brown. Remove from oven and brush with the melted butter. Enjoy!
If you do not have a stand mixer, you can mix the dough with a sturdy wooden spoon, then knead on a lightly floured surface until slightly tacky to the touch but not sticky.
Keywords: ranch, one-hour, rolls, dinner, quick
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley® & Glad®. The opinions and text are all mine.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: