These Homestyle Chicken Mashed Potato Bowls are filled with fluffy mashed potatoes, crispy chicken and topped with a brown gravy!
I’m excited to partner with Bob Evans Grocery once again on this down right delicious, comforting dinner recipe.
Whenever I’m in need of a quick and easy dinner, that requires very little prep, this is what I reach for. My whole family absolutely loves this super easy meal and so do I.
Homestyle Chicken Mashed Potato Bowls
- Start by cooking up some breaded popcorn chicken, chicken strips or chicken nuggets (whichever you prefer).
- My favorite way to heat up the chicken is in my Air Fryer because it takes just a fraction of the time.
- Warm up a couple packages of Bob Evans Original Mashed Potatoes in the microwave and place in bowls.
- Top with shredded cheese, cooked corn kernels, the cooked chicken and a drizzle of warm brown gravy.
Whenever I pull out the packages of Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes from the fridge, my kids get super excited. They love the taste, texture and flavor of these potatoes.
You can find Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes (as well as their other delicious side dishes) in the refrigerated section of your grocery store. They’re made with real milk, butter and potatoes with no artificial colors or flavors. Just real down-home goodness!
Homestyle Chicken Bowl Tips:
- VEGGIES: You can use any sort of vegetables you like with this recipe in place of corn. I usually have several cans of corn on hand so that’s what I always grab.
- CHICKEN: I keep bags of frozen, breaded chicken in my freezer for quick meals like this. You can also use fresh chicken that’s been grilled.
- GRAVY: To keep this recipe simple, I’ve just used a canned brown gravy, but you can also use a gravy mix, or make your own. This Poutine Gravy recipe would work great!
The best part about this recipe is when you get a little bit of everything in one bite. Creamy, cheesy mashed potatoes, sweet corn and crispy chicken all smothered in warm brown gravy… SO GOOD!
Homemade Alternatives To This Recipe –
Some people have asked for help on making this dinner when they do not have access to some of these ingredients in their stores. No problem!
Here are easy homemade alternatives to help you make this at home.
- Easy Fluffy Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Crispy Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Tenders
- Homemade Gravy – this recipe is for poutine gravy. just use 2 cups of beef broth and leave out the chicken broth.
I know you and your family are going to love this super quick dinner recipe!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Homestyle Chicken Mashed Potato Bowls
- 1 20 to 30 oz package frozen breaded popcorn chicken
- 2 24 oz packages Bob Evans Original Mashed Potatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can whole kernel corn
- 1 cup shredded colby-jack cheese
- 1 cup beef gravy
- Cook the frozen popcorn chicken according to package directions, preferably in the oven or air fryer so they are nice and crispy.
- Meanwhile warm up the canned corn in a small pot over medium heat. Heat the Bob Evans Original Mashed Potatoes according to package instructions and divide into 4 bowls. Warm up the beef gravy according to package instructions as well.
- Top the hot mashed potatoes with ¼ cup of the shredded cheese, ⅓ cup of the corn kernels (drained), and a few strips of the crispy chicken strips. Drizzle the top of the bowl with the hot beef gravy and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Bob Evans Grocery. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE
Made thus was delighted but I used brown gravy mix instead of the beef. Tasted great with thus change. My daughter said it tasted almost like the KFC Mashed potato bowls.
I’d love this, but so much of your packaged ingredients are not available here. Wish there were some info on how to from scratch
Oh definitely! I’ll update the recipe to reflect homemade versions of each element. I do have recipes for each if they’re not available in stores. 🙂 Thanks Heather!
Thank you so much!. I live outside the USA, and we tend to make things from scratch. There are not many packaged preparations available here
Thank you again
You’ll notice I have an Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Tenderloin listed, but no link to it yet. I’m working on publishing this recipe today, so keep an eye out for that one! 🙂 Glad to help!
Boyfriend called it a “do-over.” We both loved it. Thanks!
Woohoo! So great to hear!
I love famous bowls from KFC. Sometimes I use Trader Joe’s frozen mashed potatoes to make them.
I’m glad you are enjoying them!
THE RECIPE SAY “POPCORN CHICKEN NOT STRIPS” ??????????????
You can use either! I’ll make sure the recipe instructions reflect “popcorn” chicken instead of strips. 🙂
Looks scrumptious but not very healthy. 1,480 mg of sodium!!!!!
It’s very delicious! You could always make a half portion if you’re concerned about the sodium level.
CUT THE SODIUM.