This Super Easy Carrot Cake Mug Cake Recipe is perfect for satisfying that sweet tooth craving in minutes!
With Easter just a couple weeks away, I’ve been craving my Homemade Carrot Cake almost daily! Since I’m not about to make a WHOLE cake just for myself, this deliciously moist and flavorful Carrot Cake Mug Cake hits the spot!
Carrot Cake Mug Cake Recipe:
- Start by combining the dry ingredients in a 12 ounce mug and stir them together well.
- Add in some freshly grated carrots, vanilla extract and milk, then stir to combine.
- Microwave for just 2 minutes and top with whipped cream and little more pecans if desired.
Freshly Grated Carrots or Pre Shredded Carrots?
For this recipe, you’ll get best results by taking the 30 seconds required to shred your own carrots. Use the fine grate so the carrots have time to soften in the 2 minute cook time.
Carrot Cake Mug Cake Tips and Variations:
I tested this recipe several different ways to determine the BEST results. Here is what I found…
- NUTS – I’ve added finely chopped pecans to this recipe. You can either switch them out for walnuts or leave them out completely if desired.
- PINEAPPLE – I tested this recipe multiple times to try and get some pineapple in there, but every time the cake was just a little too wet and didn’t cook up nicely. So I would suggest leaving pineapple out.
- SPICES – This recipe calls for 3/4 tsp of cinnamon, which sounds like a lot, but it adds the perfect amount of flavor to this quick cake! Use just a pinch of nutmeg. Too much will overpower.
- CARROTS – Don’t use store bought shredded carrots for this recipe, it’s best to use fresh carrots that are finely shredded.
Top with whipped cream and a little sprinkle of chopped pecans for a completely delicious dessert for one!Print
Easy Carrot Cake Mug Cake Recipe
This Super Easy Carrot Cake Mug Cake recipe is perfect for satisfying that sweet tooth craving in minutes!
- Prep Time: 2
- Cook Time: 3
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cake 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp finely chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp finely grated fresh carrots
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a 12 oz microwave safe mug.
- Stir in the shredded carrots, vanilla and milk. Mix well, especially the bottom so there is no dry bits stuck at the bottom.
- Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes (SEE NOTES). Top with whipped cream and more chopped pecans if desired
Cooking times may vary based on the wattage of your microwave. This recipe was tested in a 700 watt microwave with a 2 minute cook time. If your microwave is higher wattage, watch for doneness around 1 minute 15 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds (or more). The cake should rise in mug and not be wet looking when done.
Keywords: Carrot Cake, Mug Cake, Microwave Cake